There are newer employer reviews for Paychex

Salary not subsequent to work

Current Employee - Payroll Specialist
Current Employee - Payroll Specialist

I have been working at Paychex

Pros

Great benefits and great learning enviorment

Cons

Starting is not high enough for the amount of work you do.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. The best working experience of my career.

I have been working at Paychex

Pros

Everything is great, in more than 5 words.

Cons

Economy is poor, and prospects tend to be pessimistic

Advice to Management

Keep on truckin

Paychex is an awful place to work

Current Employee - Senior Payroll Specialist
    Current Employee - Senior Payroll Specialist

I have been working at Paychex

Pros

There aren't many good reasons to work at Paychex... I'd say the only good thing I have gotten from my experience is the knowledge about payroll taxes. I've learned a lot of information in that regard, but only because as an employee here you get tons of clients thrown at you with all sorts of problems that you have to figure some things out quicky. Also, I've personally learned what I DON'T want in an employer from working here.

Cons

Paychex doesn't have much respect for their payroll specialists. Payroll specialists are the front-line of this company... we are the ones who handle all the crap work, and deal with the clients on a day-to-day basis, but yet, as a company, Paychex gives us no respect. They roll out all the works for the sales department, but during National Payroll week don't do a thing for the payroll specialists. A lot of the managers "say" they care to help raise moral, but don't actually listen to their employee's suggestions.

Paychex does not allow overtime either. Which is pretty riduculous at year-end when we have "block out time" because we are so busy, but are kicked out the door at 5pm. And when clients complain that their problems aren't fixed in a timely manner, these come back to the payroll specialists who have 300+ clients and aren't allowed to work over 40 hours a week to get things done.

Also, many supervisors don't understand the concept of confidentiality. I've overheard supervisors gossiping to one another about a reason an employee left early for a doctors appointment. The supervisors, and management, also promise things but never delivery. You can be promised some kind of reward, but it will be taken away without notice. They will also plan fun surprises, but never come through with them.

Overall, this company seems to be getting worse and worse.

Advice to Management

I don't think there's enough space on this website to let management know what I think would need to be done to help fix this company...