Paychex

www.paychex.com
  www.paychex.com
There are newer employer reviews for Paychex

Decent company to work for

Current Employee - Client Service Representative in Rochester, NY
Current Employee - Client Service Representative in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Paychex

Pros

Great entry level job, my departments managers are great with communication, and keeping up team morale. Company is well respected within my area. Your coworkers become your friends fast, and the personal facilities and workplace comraderie is excellent.

Cons

Need for modernization and to loosen up corporate policy with clients. Ditch the FAX lines and transition to email and online services more. Give other departments the same gratuities you give payroll.

Listen to employees basic needs. you do a great job of making the personal workplace enjoyable, but listen to employees technical needs with their jobs. Small changes such as eliminating your FAX lines would make the day to day stress of the job disappear.

690 Other Employee Reviews for Paychex (View Most Recent)

This place is a "Boys Club"

Current Employee - HRS Sales Representative in Marlton, NJ
    Current Employee - HRS Sales Representative in Marlton, NJ

I have been working at Paychex

Pros

Healthcare package is ok, ot great.
    EAP Program is helpful.
    No major layoffs
    Small match, but still a match on 401k.

Cons

Total Boys club. Top sales rep is oly at the top b/c of being fed deals and working with the best partners. Management does not care at all about people outside of work, all they care about are sales numbers. So many conference calls it is beyond crazy and a total waste of time. No long term training from the corp office. The Corp HR is only in place to protect the boys club not the employee. Turn over would make other companies laugh. Managers are literally the worst I have seen in 20 yrs of sales. To sum it up it is a " what have you done for me lately" job and this it!

When you spent all sorts of money on surveys , actually listen to them. The sales reps that are not your friends talk about how much they hate there jobs and think you are bad at yours! Maybe if you showed you care about the person ot the number of would have a ten hearted staff and not a bunch of "filler" reps so they can literally have sales taken from them and given to your buddies. What you teach your clients about ethics and how to run a company , you do the exact opposite in your own back yard and one day it is going to bite you hard.

Excellent place to work!

Current Employee - Senior Payroll Specialist in Hauppauge, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Payroll Specialist in Hauppauge, NY

I have been working at Paychex

Pros

Salary is great, benefits are wonderful, co-workers are respectful and friendly. The job itself is very easy, and the training makes it even better.

Cons

Management should all be on the same page, I don't like the variance in management styles.

Upper management should take more direction from floor management in dealing with the day to day job issues.

There are newer employer reviews for Paychex