There are newer employer reviews for Paychex

Paychex amazing company! 23 years in the industry- over 10 with Paychex

Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative  in  Denver, CO
Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at Paychex full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have worked for the Top 2 big payroll companies- 13 years with ADP and 10 years with Paychex. Paychex exceeds ADP...Paychex is about the people! As a working mom, I am able to balance my work and personal life with my family. I almost lost my life after my 2nd child was born in 2011. I had incredible support from my manager, Senior management and the operation group. GREAT Benefits! Goal driven environment! It's all about you!

Cons

Sales is never easy...it takes time to build referral relationships...you will hit highs and lows..you just can't give up!

Focus on more tenure sales reps training...continue building career path opportunites for Sales and Service...Never lose your focus on the people :) Great company to build your future!!

625 Other Employee Reviews for Paychex (View Most Recent)

Core Sales Consultant - Phoenix, AZ

Current Employee - Sales Consultant  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Paychex full-time for more than a year

Pros

Freedom to work your business/territory in the best manner that works for you whether it be networking / relationship building or the traditional telemarketing / cold calling. As long as you are working hard, hitting your numbers, and providing a high level of service to your clients there is minimal micro-managing (however help from managers is always available when needed!). Great variety in your days and no cap on earning potential.

Cons

At times there can be a lot of paperwork and neccessary follow up for getting a sale turned in.

Paychex - 10 years in sales and still happy

Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at Paychex full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have been in Core Sales at Paychex for 10 years. I continue to work here due to the great products and services we offer and my ability to make a great living. Paychex also encourages a positive work/life balance which is great for a working mom. You are encouraged to develop a network of referral sources and now most of my business comes from that group of people.

Cons

It can take almost a year to get a full grasp of the products and services and the balance of prospecting, selling and calling on referral sources. Therefore, sometimes you may not see the benefits of the income until that time period. It is a very transactional sale with quite a bit of paperwork. Learning the balance can be difficult for some people.

Reward employees not only for their sales but also their tenure with the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Paychex

Worked for Paychex? Contribute to the Community!