Core Sales Consultant - Phoenix, AZ

Current Employee - Sales Consultant  in  Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Paychex full-time for more than a year

Pros

Freedom to work your business/territory in the best manner that works for you whether it be networking / relationship building or the traditional telemarketing / cold calling. As long as you are working hard, hitting your numbers, and providing a high level of service to your clients there is minimal micro-managing (however help from managers is always available when needed!). Great variety in your days and no cap on earning potential.

Cons

At times there can be a lot of paperwork and neccessary follow up for getting a sale turned in.

Other Reviews for Paychex

Paychex - 10 years in sales and still happy

Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at Paychex full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have been in Core Sales at Paychex for 10 years. I continue to work here due to the great products and services we offer and my ability to make a great living. Paychex also encourages a positive work/life balance which is great for a working mom. You are encouraged to develop a network of referral sources and now most of my business comes from that group of people.

Cons

It can take almost a year to get a full grasp of the products and services and the balance of prospecting, selling and calling on referral sources. Therefore, sometimes you may not see the benefits of the income until that time period. It is a very transactional sale with quite a bit of paperwork. Learning the balance can be difficult for some people.

Reward employees not only for their sales but also their tenure with the company.

HR Generalist (HRG) and Account Manager (Field)

Former Employee - HRG/Acct Manager  in  Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - HRG/Acct Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Paychex full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

most people they hire are wonderful human beings. Made a lot of friends there. Loved my co-workers. Loved my Boss until they layed him off. Relative freedom to "run your own franchise" in this position.

Cons

Too many changes in systems and processes, too rapidly. HRG position encompasses too much. The rules and reg's of HR, not to mention healthcare reform encroaching on it all...the responsibilities are insane. Don't forget you're responsible for total account management as well (payroll, WC, 401K, health benefits and a million oither things.) The position needs to be streamlined a bit. Human Resources management and Client Account Management USED TO BE two separate jobs. They combined them about three years ago. Huge, short-sighted mistake. I had to get out. Was sad about leaving though. I was very good at my job until my brain exploded. Very few of the people involved who had to combine the two positions and work at both were, or are, happy about it.

Return to having separate Human Resources and ACcount Management personnel for the clients. My immediate Management was great. The folks at the top (Corporate) seemed to be pretty clueless though. Always sent surveys, but didnt listen and kept heaping on new responsibilities.

There are newer employer reviews for Paychex.

Worked for Paychex? Contribute to the Community!