There are newer employer reviews for Paychex

Core Sales Consultant - Phoenix, AZ

Current Employee - Sales Consultant  in  Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Paychex full-time for more than a year

Pros

Freedom to work your business/territory in the best manner that works for you whether it be networking / relationship building or the traditional telemarketing / cold calling. As long as you are working hard, hitting your numbers, and providing a high level of service to your clients there is minimal micro-managing (however help from managers is always available when needed!). Great variety in your days and no cap on earning potential.

Cons

At times there can be a lot of paperwork and neccessary follow up for getting a sale turned in.

625 Other Employee Reviews for Paychex (View Most Recent)

HR Generalist (HRG) and Account Manager (Field)

Former Employee - HRG/Acct Manager  in  Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - HRG/Acct Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Paychex full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

most people they hire are wonderful human beings. Made a lot of friends there. Loved my co-workers. Loved my Boss until they layed him off. Relative freedom to "run your own franchise" in this position.

Cons

Too many changes in systems and processes, too rapidly. HRG position encompasses too much. The rules and reg's of HR, not to mention healthcare reform encroaching on it all...the responsibilities are insane. Don't forget you're responsible for total account management as well (payroll, WC, 401K, health benefits and a million oither things.) The position needs to be streamlined a bit. Human Resources management and Client Account Management USED TO BE two separate jobs. They combined them about three years ago. Huge, short-sighted mistake. I had to get out. Was sad about leaving though. I was very good at my job until my brain exploded. Very few of the people involved who had to combine the two positions and work at both were, or are, happy about it.

Return to having separate Human Resources and ACcount Management personnel for the clients. My immediate Management was great. The folks at the top (Corporate) seemed to be pretty clueless though. Always sent surveys, but didnt listen and kept heaping on new responsibilities.

Great experience but not a career role for me

Former Employee - Payroll Specialist  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Payroll Specialist in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Paychex full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Paychex has great work/life balance
    -good benefits
    -employee recognition, good employee morale

Cons

-less federal holiday time off
    -Pay seems lower than market for Payroll Specialists

-Start Payroll Specialist with a higher starting salary

There are newer employer reviews for Paychex

Worked for Paychex? Contribute to the Community!