Paychex

www.paychex.com

HR Generalist (HRG) and Account Manager (Field)

HRG/Acct Manager (Former Employee) Saint Petersburg, FL

Prosmost people they hire are wonderful human beings. Made a lot of friends there. Loved my co-workers. Loved my Boss until they layed him off. Relative freedom to "run your own franchise" in this position.

ConsToo many changes in systems and processes, too rapidly. HRG position encompasses too much. The rules and reg's of HR, not to mention healthcare reform encroaching on it all...the responsibilities are insane. Don't forget you're responsible for total account management as well (payroll, WC, 401K, health benefits and a million oither things.) The position needs to be streamlined a bit. Human Resources management and Client Account Management USED TO BE two separate jobs. They combined them about three years ago. Huge, short-sighted mistake. I had to get out. Was sad about leaving though. I was very good at my job until my brain exploded. Very few of the people involved who had to combine the two positions and work at both were, or are, happy about it.

Advice to Senior ManagementReturn to having separate Human Resources and ACcount Management personnel for the clients. My immediate Management was great. The folks at the top (Corporate) seemed to be pretty clueless though. Always sent surveys, but didnt listen and kept heaping on new responsibilities.

Where is Sarbanes Oxley?

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

I have been working at Paychex full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Lack of anyone actually caring about their job. This makes for a great job if you… Cons: Poor Management, Poor Communication, Lack of Industry educated professionals, too much middle management, new 'old' boys network-every time there is a senior management change… Advice to Senior Management: Become the Software company that you need to be to be successful. Get rid of middle management as Salesforce has relieved them of their… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

good place for beginers

I have been working at Paychex full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: good place to start a career, limited long term opportunities.… Cons: most positions at the company are underpaid Advice to Senior Management: employees need to be compensated better. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Paychex.

Worked for Paychex? Contribute to the Community!