There are newer employer reviews for Paychex

First time in a real outside sales career, great way to start!

Current Employee - Small Business Sales Consultant in Tucson, AZ
Current Employee - Small Business Sales Consultant in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Paychex full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexibility is huge, as long as you are doing the daily activity-and SELLING, you can pretty much do what works for you. The pay is great when you MEET and EXCEED quota! Also, I think the best part is the relationships and different people you experience, night and day from my last position! Overall, great company, training and resources!!

Cons

Not for the timid or the lazy...I think a more cohesive operations/Corporate connect to the Sales side would help, but definitely not a huge issue. Overall if you work hard, you will be rewarded, intriscally and extrinsically.

N/A

653 Other Employee Reviews for Paychex (View Most Recent)

13 years later... a sales career at Paychex was the best decision I ever made

Current Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Paychex full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I love selling for Paychex! Our management team "gets it". They provide the right leadership and tools to get the job done. Our compensation package is phenomenal and I feel like I am well rewarded for the efforts I put in. We use cutting edge technology that increases our productivity in the field. Our leadership team provide us with simple, daily expectations and turnkey programs that guarantee results. The majority of our business is earned through referral relationships which is incredibly rewarding, yet we are "new business" driven, which feeds my competitive nature for finding sales. Paychex and my co-workers have become like family - our leadership, even our VP and CEO are very approachable. I have had countless obstacles removed throughout my career to help me succeed.

Cons

The only downside to Paychex I feel is an upside - January selling season! Many businesses change how they do payroll in January, so we put in long hours through December and January to make the biggest commission checks of our careers. If you can handle the hard work, you can earn commissions in January on average $15,000 - $20,000 in one month! Well worth the sacrifices if you ask me!

Our management team is doing an excellent job! My only request would be to continue to create MORE opportunities to sell. More products, more relationships, more presence. We aren't struggling in these areas at all, but there is always more to accomplish.

I finally found my future...

Current Employee - Core Sales Representative in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Core Sales Representative in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Paychex full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Paychex treats each of its employees like family. I have never been more welcomed into a job. I know that people complain about outside sales jobs alot, but the job is not for everyone. If you have self motivation and drive and want unlimited earning potential, Paychex could be a great fit for you. The training was exceptional, I have worked for 2 other payroll companies and this is the first place I found that I know I want to be with for years to come.

Cons

I won't lie, it is hard work, you have to be willing to put in the time and build relationships in your community. The pay and the support make it worth it to give your all, but not everyone can hack it. It is a SALES job, but if you have an outgoing professional personality you will be given all of the tools to succeed.

There are newer employer reviews for Paychex