There are newer employer reviews for Paychex

Flexibilty to make your own schedule if you hit your numbers

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Sales Representative in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Paychex full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Stable company, good management, life/work balance is great

Cons

Can be isolated, a lot of work to make just one sale

Good management,

625 Other Employee Reviews for Paychex (View Most Recent)

HR Generalist (HRG) and Account Manager (Field)

Former Employee - HRG/Acct Manager  in  Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - HRG/Acct Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Paychex full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

most people they hire are wonderful human beings. Made a lot of friends there. Loved my co-workers. Loved my Boss until they layed him off. Relative freedom to "run your own franchise" in this position.

Cons

Too many changes in systems and processes, too rapidly. HRG position encompasses too much. The rules and reg's of HR, not to mention healthcare reform encroaching on it all...the responsibilities are insane. Don't forget you're responsible for total account management as well (payroll, WC, 401K, health benefits and a million oither things.) The position needs to be streamlined a bit. Human Resources management and Client Account Management USED TO BE two separate jobs. They combined them about three years ago. Huge, short-sighted mistake. I had to get out. Was sad about leaving though. I was very good at my job until my brain exploded. Very few of the people involved who had to combine the two positions and work at both were, or are, happy about it.

Return to having separate Human Resources and ACcount Management personnel for the clients. My immediate Management was great. The folks at the top (Corporate) seemed to be pretty clueless though. Always sent surveys, but didnt listen and kept heaping on new responsibilities.

Paychex amazing company! 23 years in the industry- over 10 with Paychex

Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at Paychex full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have worked for the Top 2 big payroll companies- 13 years with ADP and 10 years with Paychex. Paychex exceeds ADP...Paychex is about the people! As a working mom, I am able to balance my work and personal life with my family. I almost lost my life after my 2nd child was born in 2011. I had incredible support from my manager, Senior management and the operation group. GREAT Benefits! Goal driven environment! It's all about you!

Cons

Sales is never easy...it takes time to build referral relationships...you will hit highs and lows..you just can't give up!

Focus on more tenure sales reps training...continue building career path opportunites for Sales and Service...Never lose your focus on the people :) Great company to build your future!!

There are newer employer reviews for Paychex

Worked for Paychex? Contribute to the Community!