There are newer employer reviews for Paychex

60 hours work in 40 hours of time and disciplined if you can't do it.

Current Employee - Senior Payroll Specialist  in  Central Valley, CA
Current Employee - Senior Payroll Specialist in Central Valley, CA

I have been working at Paychex full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Steady check from a company that isnt going to fold tomorrow. Consistent gig while you go to night school to get a better job.

Cons

technical work with minimal training. Horrid software that fails and the employee gets blamed. Incredibly poor mid and lower management!!!!! Promotion goes to whom the mid level manager likes and not to who is best qualified.... the stories I could tell about inept supervisors and managers. Terribly low pay for the work required. The fun comes when you are paying employees for other companies making twice what you do and you know they are doing less than half the work.

Develop a team between operations and NY. This is a truly antagonistic relationship that will be the major cause of your down fall.

I honestly believe, even though the financials appear different, that this company will have a major restructure in the next 5 years or will fail. Payroll is not handled by companies in the "same old way" and if you dont catch up with technology and quality you will be in the same boat as Sears.

I left the company to take over as the bookkeeper/payroll/ HR/ accountant for a small company. I certainly wouldnt allow my new company to become a client of Paychex and this new job with less than half the stress pays twice as much.

627 Other Employee Reviews for Paychex (View Most Recent)

Its what you make of it

Former Employee - Sales Representative  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY

I worked at Paychex full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-Great training
    -Good hard working people
    -Uncapped commissions
    -flexible work hours (sales)
    -Good benefits

Cons

- Always reacting to market place, ADP is major player and always developes their own software and Paychex purchases software
    -Extremely territory driven
    -Base salaries low
    -Too many issues with software, always over promising and under delivering
    -Need single data base technology
    Management doesn't care at all about tenure, "what have you done for me lately"

Reliable employment, fair salary

Current Employee - IT Support  in  Webster, NY
    Current Employee - IT Support in Webster, NY

I have been working at Paychex full-time for more than a year

Pros

Solid company that rarely if ever lays off employees, and continues to stay stable if not grow. Company has no debt, so they look to remain solid for many years to come.

Cons

Atmosphere can be tense, with agressive deadlines and constant changes due to tax laws, etc. Little encouragement for employees to mingle outside of work time.

Engage in more team-building and/or group gatherings to promote cooperation between groups.

There are newer employer reviews for Paychex

Worked for Paychex? Contribute to the Community!