There are newer employer reviews for Paychex

Sales 101

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Sales Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Paychex full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great training, good team environment and team builders. I was lucky to work on a great team with a fantastic manager, it made it tough to leave. You can work from home once you've proven yourself, but will need to come in Monday mornings and Fridays.

Cons

Stress stress stress. Zone manager hears it from his highers ups when he doesn't hit his numbers, your manager hears it from him and you'll hear it from your manager.You need to work really hard and build up for a few years...but in reality the hard work never stops. Appointment quotas, if you don't reach your appt quota you're dialing at 8am Friday morning. You'll see a daily email of your sold/submitted along with everyone else in your zone.

You guys were good to me throughout my whole tenure. I don't blame management for the stress, it's just how Paychex is built. I realized that I could make more money busting my behind at another job.

661 Other Employee Reviews for Paychex (View Most Recent)

A fair and rewarding place to work

Current Employee - Manager in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Paychex full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The experience at Paychex truly is what you make it. The benefits and pay are slightly less than competitive, but the opportunities to advance internally are myriad. Take advantage of the training and professional development and you'll succeed.

Cons

The culture is old-blood corporate, and the technology is generally playing catch up. But as of this writing (3/13) things appear to be changing.

Accept change; look for new ideas; fail fast, and often, but learn and improve with each failure.

Great Company to get your sales foot in the door

Former Employee - Core Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Core Sales Representative in New York, NY

I worked at Paychex full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

good pay for someone out of college. great training and people. fantastic presidents club trips if you are in sales. overall a great learning experience and work atmosphere

Cons

base is pretty low. need to pay seasoned employees higher base.

Keep up the good work