Paychex

There are newer employer reviews for Paychex

Paychex is awesome!

Current Employee - Sales Representative
Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Paychex full-time

Pros

Great work environment, awesome people, great company overall with growth potential

Cons

Stressful at times but what job isn't

690 Other Employee Reviews for Paychex (View Most Recent)

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Recruiter in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Washington, DC

I have been working at Paychex full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Paychex has an excellent leadership team. The corporate culture is very unique because we service small businesses, but we also have the stability of a large company. The products are on the cutting edge of technology giving clients the ability to process payroll wherever they need to. Paychex is a great place for an entry level person to start and build a long term career.

Cons

There is plenty of competition in the payroll industry, but Paychex stacks up well when it comes to our products and especially our service. The economy has also given us a few challenges, but we are positioned very well considering the strong referral base of new business.

HRS Benefits Sales

I worked at Paychex full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Awesome helping small businesses achieve financial growth and to have exposure to so many face to face clients

Cons

Inner Office Politics is horrendous. HR is about backing the management and not the employee's. I was sexually harassed by my direct report, had documented the incident via his texting until 3:30am and he was promoted 3 months later. I, unfortunately lost my job after making conference in my first year. It is a very hard job that is rewarding if you don't mind the company not staying true to the clients after you close deals and can tolerate the corporate madness of every other day sales calls that drone on and on the same schlock and fake bravado. I was duped into thinking this was mid-level sales and six figures was a no-brainer. It is actually not possible to break 100k working 80 hour weeks.

Wake up. Popularity is for Jr. High. Successful sales people need mentorship, support and management that understands how to manage it's talented individuals.

There are newer employer reviews for Paychex