There are newer employer reviews for Paychex

Great company with amazing benefits!

Current Employee - Solutions Analyst
Current Employee - Solutions Analyst

I have been working at Paychex full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The benefits are second to none. Right off the bat you get 2 weeks vacation, 1 week sick and 4 floating holidays. The medical, dental and other med benefits are competitively priced and you have the opportunity to earn up to $300 extra per year by participating in activities to improve your health. The 401k match is pretty generous as well. I've seen better, but I've seen a lot worse!

The training is amazing. You actually can receive college credit for it. If you no nothing at all about payroll, you will know tons once your finished with training!

Cons

They allow good, tenured employees leave for other companies because they refuse to pay competitively. When you are promoted, instead of paying market value for the position, they give you a percentage raise of your current salary. Regardless of how large of a promotion you get. They will not give more than a 10% raise for any type of promotion. This leaves many employees that have several years with the company at times being payed tens of thousands of dollars less than market value for the same position.

If you are in a customer service position, your clients are surveyed on 5 questions. 4 are about you, 1 is about how they like Paychex as a whole. Many times clients rate their CSR with all As but then do not like Paychex as a whole and rate Paychex a B, C or D. The CSR is only graded on that last question!!! To combat this, managers recommend to the CSR to 'coach' their clients about the survey. Which is ridiculous and absurd.

Pay your employees market value! There is a reason that Paycom, Paylocity, Asure, Ceridian, ADP, Empower and Ultimate are primarily comprised of Paychex employees. You pay to train them well, and these guys get them after you invest the time and training to make them a good, knowledgeable employee. Also, the client survey system MUST be revised to be fair to the CSR!

652 Other Employee Reviews for Paychex (View Most Recent)

Paychex is a GREAT place to work!

I have been working at Paychex full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Strong team/fun environment, great support & training, so much advancement opportunity, compensation is definitely fair and incentivizes people for doing a great job in their position! I really love that Paychex truly cares about their employees and listens to us and tries to implement things they learn from employee surveys. It isn't too often you find that in a company! I could work here forever!

Cons

the only downfall would be that certain positions you can only promote to if you are based at Headquarters, however I know that they are trying to change that which is great!

Keep doing what you are doing! you are doing a great job!

great people and great opportunites

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Paychex full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I have held 5 different positions at this compnay and it has given me the opportunity to move into a cross functional roles. The company is growing and therefore more opportunities will be available. We have a career site that makes it easy to look for other oportunities. managers are supportive of people moving internally.

Cons

not all employees take advantage of the opportunity to try another department. Ask your manager how to advance your career

Contiune to keep moving this great company forward so we can additional opportunites to learn about.

There are newer employer reviews for Paychex