Paychex

www.paychex.com

Great company with amazing benefits!

Solutions Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsThe benefits are second to none. Right off the bat you get 2 weeks vacation, 1 week sick and 4 floating holidays. The medical, dental and other med benefits are competitively priced and you have the opportunity to earn up to $300 extra per year by participating in activities to improve your health. The 401k match is pretty generous as well. I've seen better, but I've seen a lot worse!

The training is amazing. You actually can receive college credit for it. If you no nothing at all about payroll, you will know tons once your finished with training!

ConsThey allow good, tenured employees leave for other companies because they refuse to pay competitively. When you are promoted, instead of paying market value for the position, they give you a percentage raise of your current salary. Regardless of how large of a promotion you get. They will not give more than a 10% raise for any type of promotion. This leaves many employees that have several years with the company at times being payed tens of thousands of dollars less than market value for the same position.

If you are in a customer service position, your clients are surveyed on 5 questions. 4 are about you, 1 is about how they like Paychex as a whole. Many times clients rate their CSR with all As but then do not like Paychex as a whole and rate Paychex a B, C or D. The CSR is only graded on that last question!!! To combat this, managers recommend to the CSR to 'coach' their clients about the survey. Which is ridiculous and absurd.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your employees market value! There is a reason that Paycom, Paylocity, Asure, Ceridian, ADP, Empower and Ultimate are primarily comprised of Paychex employees. You pay to train them well, and these guys get them after you invest the time and training to make them a good, knowledgeable employee. Also, the client survey system MUST be revised to be fair to the CSR!

Paychex is awesome!

Sales Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Paychex full-time

Pros: Great work environment, awesome people, great company overall with growth… Cons: Stressful at times but what job isn't More

Paychex is a GREAT place to work!

I have been working at Paychex full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Strong team/fun environment, great support & training, so much advancement opportunity, compensation is definitely fair and incentivizes people for doing a great job in their… Cons: the only downfall would be that certain positions you can only promote to if you are… Advice to Senior Management: Keep doing what you are doing! you are doing… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Paychex.

Worked for Paychex? Contribute to the Community!