Paychex

www.paychex.com
  www.paychex.com
There are newer employer reviews for Paychex

Overall a good experience

I have been working at Paychex full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Finally catching up with technology - very employee friendly and you can make your career whatever you want it to be

Cons

Too many changes coming all at once - makes it hard to keep up with the already overwhelming workload

Stop putting more work on the staff. Increasing clients per specialist every year is getting to be too much

690 Other Employee Reviews for Paychex (View Most Recent)

Nepotism and favortism are at a level here that is almost frightening

Former Employee - Account Executive in Culver City, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Culver City, CA

I worked at Paychex full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Except for the training, there really is nothing good to say about Paychex.

Cons

I was hired in LA to work in one location. I was told, after I gave my notice to my previous employer, that I would be working in another city that added two hours to my commute, which probably would have made me turn down the offer. Favortism and nepotism run RAMPANT. If you apply randomly online, and are not drawn into the company from a higher up, then expect a crummy territory with ZERO help. Others, who are "in" will receive ALL the leads that come in from the internet, and management will use some lame excuse to take it from you, and give to a crony, even if its in your territory. So, your sales skills really mean NOTHING here as far as how well you will succeed. The SAME EXACT people go to their Prez Clubs each and every year. And, no matter your territory or how long you've been there, your quota as a new rep will be the same as a 10 time Prez Club winner. My manager was the absolute worst I have EVER had, and I have been doing sales for over twenty years.... Again, unless a higher up gives a recommendation and pulls you in... STAY AWAY!!!!! OH, and if you're over 30.... STAY AWAY!!!!

Go get an MBA and learn how to effectively manage complex and diverse workgroups...

Impossible Work Load and Low Pay and High Turnover

Current Employee - Payroll Specialist
    Current Employee - Payroll Specialist

I have been working at Paychex full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It is an entry level position company.

Cons

Expectations to manage over 500 clients, this means 110 calls a day, in between these calls you must take branch call in payrolls. The pace is non stop. Most new hires go back to prior jobs to escape after the first month. The calls are only half of your job somehow you have to find time to do the rest of your work while you are entering payroll and not make errors. Your scored in a way that everything is against you, if you do your work you lower one metric if you don't clients give you a B on your surveys and B's are treated as a F. Your scripted and monitored, if your client is in a rush you are held accountable for a poor call. If you have to fix another persons mistake the error is held against your performance scores. Pay is very low and annual raises are a joke, often under twenty five cents.

Run unless you are desperate!

Hire more employees and pay a living wage. The issues are systemic coming from way up high. Management admits the work environment is poor and management admits openly that they are not interested in resolving the issues; As a result turn over is high. In the words of George Orwell inside Paychex everything is double plus good.

There are newer employer reviews for Paychex