Paychex

www.paychex.com

Paychex gets a thumbs up.

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Portland, OR

ProsThe training was excellent. I could take the training and apply it to any type of sales position. I never thought of Paychex as a final destination, but it was an excellent development opportunity. I'd take a job with them if you could give it a couple years to develop.

ConsThe down side at Paychex is pretty standard compared to what you'd find at most corporate sales jobs. Constantly having a boss' boss who thinks calling meetings on Friday afternoon in the office is a good idea. This is of course a regionally isolated case, but it's still the case. District sales managers want to see you sell and put money in their pocket-less of a direct concern for the company's bottom line. Regional managers have more of a focus on the bottom line and somehow believe a 4pm, Friday sales meeting or training will ultimately increase the bottom line. Not true, in my opinion.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen sales reps are hitting their numbers, they must be doing something right. Instead of constantly challenging successful reps to adhere to traditional structure and policy, try enhancing performance by integrating tradition with innovative ways of being successful.

Negative environment

Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) Portland, OR

I have been working at Paychex

Pros: the relationships I built with some colleagues and clients Cons: never any positive reinforcement, especially with successes Advice to Senior Management: focus on the positive instead of the negative No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

The hardest you'll ever work for the least amount of money.

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Marlton, NJ

I worked at Paychex

Pros: Having Paychex on your resume looks fantastic. If you can… Cons: My car is destroyed, upside down on the loan. The… Advice to Senior Management: It's Corporate that rules the roost, nothing local management can… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Paychex.

Worked for Paychex? Contribute to the Community!