There are newer employer reviews for Paychex

Great place to work, good reputation, excellent career advancements......althought very stressful at times.

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Owings Mills, MD
Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Owings Mills, MD

I have been working at Paychex

Pros

They really do make it a great place to work. They offer great benefits and will help you move up.

Cons

It is stressful, think about it. We are process payroll, what happens if your check is wrong? Its never a perfect world and you have to know how to quickly handle a problem and find a solution.

Advice to Management

Core Advanced please?!!!! Our core payroll platform needs to go.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Paychex needs to listen to their employees more!

Current Employee - Developer in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Developer in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Paychex

Pros

To be in the security team and work on projects.

Cons

Mundane maintenance work along with lack of work for an intern. Biggest problem is that manager seems not to have read my resume and understand all the leadership experience I have; she tends to go on about how I should attend large meetings to listen to upper management present and learn from them. Also doesn't help that I tend to "run out of work" and my team doesn't communicate as well as it should; a lot of repeated work occurs because of this. The other HUGE problem I have is the ridiculous dress code for IT employees. There's NO reason that IT employees need to be dressed in a suit everyday just to sit in front of a computer for 8 hours. When meeting with clients, yes, you need to dress up more; but regular, day to day work, there's no reason why we can't wear just a generic collared shirt and nice jeans/khakis

Advice to Management

the IT department needs to be allowed more casual dress. You also NEED younger people in this department; there's alot of slow business processes and people unwilling to change because you don't have a good mix of a younger crowd with new ideas.

Can Judge really recognize what's happening in cubicle world?

Current Employee - Analyst in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Analyst in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Paychex

Pros

It is a successful company!

Cons

Good ole boy network where you have to "grow up" within the company to advance.

Advice to Management

Realize that some of your leaders are not quailified...perform 360 reviews and not with "safe" people.