Outside Sales

Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES
Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES

I worked at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers, above average base pay, decent training

Cons

Be prepared to work long hours and get micromanaged. REPORTS REPORTS REPORTS--wasted time preparing these long reports. Manager never had advice--was a good cheerleading when you were doing well, but no constructive criticism or help if you were having a down month. Sales reps aren't just required to sell, but see entire transition process through--company spins this as an advantage over competition because there is accountability, but it leaves less time for sales rep to hit quota & are faced with issues only a transition team would be able to answer. -They are experiencing major growing pains & are going downhill fast.

Advice to Management

Just because someone is good in sales, doesn't necessarily mean they are going to be a good manager--Holly Faurot however truly cares about her employees & is a genuine, great leader

Other Employee Reviews for Paycom

Great sales job for a "true" salesperson.

Current Employee - Sales Representative

Pros

We have an incredible system, a wonderful customer service team to back us up, we get paid very well, and as far as advancement opportunities, the sky is the limit as long as you are willing to work hard. Everyone here is energetic, hungry, and motivated to do their best which makes the office atmosphere a lot of fun. I've been very thankful for the opportunity to work here.

Cons

If you are not interested in learning and improving constantly then you might look elsewhere. Status quo is not accepted at Paycom.

Fullfilling career, not a job.

Current Employee - Sales Representative

Pros

This is a career not a job. If you have goals and a vision for something greater, Paycom is the place you want to work. The work is challenging yet fullfilling in every way. Not only are you rewarded monetarily for what your produce, but the recognition and praise your receive from peers and superiors, makes you feel like an imporant part of a team. I have achieved almost all my goals while at Paycom, and the ones that have not been hit, are only because I raised my goals to greater heights. Again, this is a career, not a job.

Cons

Paycom is a fast paced producing enviroment and if you are looking for something a little slower this may not be the job for you.