Paycom

There are newer employer reviews for Paycom

Outside Sales

Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES
Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES

I worked at Paycom full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great coworkers, above average base pay, decent training

Cons

Be prepared to work long hours and get micromanaged. REPORTS REPORTS REPORTS--wasted time preparing these long reports. Manager never had advice--was a good cheerleading when you were doing well, but no constructive criticism or help if you were having a down month.
Sales reps aren't just required to sell, but see entire transition process through--company spins this as an advantage over competition because there is accountability, but it leaves less time for sales rep to hit quota & are faced with issues only a transition team would be able to answer.
-They are experiencing major growing pains & are going downhill fast.

Just because someone is good in sales, doesn't necessarily mean they are going to be a good manager--Holly Faurot however truly cares about her employees & is a genuine, great leader

138 Other Employee Reviews for Paycom (View Most Recent)

Horrible environment!

I worked at Paycom

Pros

Can make great money
    Healthy company
    Can advance quickly if you're given the opportunity

Cons

Horrible management: inexperienced, unable to make own decisions, obvious favoritism, treated reps like children!
    Highly structured schedule, no freedom whatsoever to run your own day
    Hours and hours of required telemarketing burned territories

Why not make experience a requirement when making a decision to let someone run an office??

Fullfilling career, not a job.

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Paycom

Pros

This is a career not a job. If you have goals and a vision for something greater, Paycom is the place you want to work. The work is challenging yet fullfilling in every way. Not only are you rewarded monetarily for what your produce, but the recognition and praise your receive from peers and superiors, makes you feel like an imporant part of a team. I have achieved almost all my goals while at Paycom, and the ones that have not been hit, are only because I raised my goals to greater heights. Again, this is a career, not a job.

Cons

Paycom is a fast paced producing enviroment and if you are looking for something a little slower this may not be the job for you.

There are newer employer reviews for Paycom

Worked for Paycom? Contribute to the Community!