Paycom

Paycom-Worth it!

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Sales Representative in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Paycom is an amazing place to start and CONTINUE your career in sales. I never thought my first 'job' out of college (now 2 1/2 years with the company) would turn into a long term career. The St. Louis office is VERY supportive of each other! We have friendly competitions on a weekly/monthly basis with prizes ranging from gift cards to a night out on the town! I love how there is always something new to look forward to: Your next big sale/big commission check, President's Club (Maui this year) or even a new car! Paycom is THE place to be if you are willing to dedicate yourself to an amazing company.

Cons

No Cons here for me. For others, make sure you are ready to hit the ground running. This is not a 9-5, but work every minute!

Keep working hard to make us better!

136 Other Employee Reviews for Paycom (View Most Recent)

Living the Dream

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than a year

Pros

It is such an exciting time to be a part of Paycom! Not only do I whole heartedly believe that we offer the best solution for our clients, but I love being able to much such a positive impact and enhance the way that companies operate. Our product is the best, our culture is phenomenal, and I have never found a sales organization so dedicated to the success, training, and support of their sales team. I love being a part of the Paycom family.

Cons

There really aren't many cons. As long as you are a hard worker and willing to dedicate yourself to success, you can chart your own course.

Benefits and compensation are good but not really a good place to work.

Former Employee - Payroll Specialist  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Payroll Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Paycom full-time

Pros

*Great pay
    *Year-end party
    *Special celebrations (payroll week, monthly luncheon, and holiday celebrations)
    *Promotion opportunities
    *Cheap lunch and health insurance for employee only

Cons

*Long hours at quarter end and year end
    *Heavy work load for some employees while other employees have time to socialize all day
    *Favoritism, management will choose people that they like and those people will get promoted faster and be able to do whatever they want

Management acts like they value their employees but they really only value the employees who they are friends with and employees who make their whole life their job. Vacation and sick time really is not that good compared to other companies and you only get 5 holidays off, New Years is considered the 6th holiday paid but most people usually have to work it. Just like high school, if you are in the popular crowd you are golden and probably love working there, but if you aren't then you can work really hard and not move up or even get fired. You can move up through the different levels of payroll specialist fairly quickly but you have to take tests and if you don't take the tests you get in trouble. Also, anyone can move up to the highest level of payroll specialist as long as they pass the tests, even if they are not the best employee. Management demands that people are clocked in on time but don't seem to care if people go to get coffee or socialize once they are clocked in. Also, the managers are not always there on time themselves.

Disburse the work more evenly and if someone is overworked then find a way to remove some of their workload or move some of their clients to another specialists. Hire more specialists and lower the client load. Get a suggestion box and actually listen to your employees. Don't punish employees for being a minute late unless you are willing to punish the employees who clock in on time then spend 10 or 20 minutes getting coffee and socializing. Lead by example, if you want the employees to be clocked in at 8 on the dot then be at your desk at that time and make sure the team leaders are too. Employees get resentful when they are punished for being a minute late but see their team leader or surpervisor stroll in a few minutes late. A huge amount of employees in several departments are very unhappy and they are constantly looking for a new job, several of them are waiting to be vested in units or for the company to go public then they plan on leaving.

There are newer employer reviews for Paycom

Worked for Paycom? Contribute to the Community!