Paycom

www.paycom.com
  www.paycom.com
There are newer employer reviews for Paycom

Benefits and compensation are good but not really a good place to work.

Former Employee - Payroll Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
Former Employee - Payroll Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Paycom full-time

Pros

*Great pay
*Year-end party
*Special celebrations (payroll week, monthly luncheon, and holiday celebrations)
*Promotion opportunities
*Cheap lunch and health insurance for employee only

Cons

*Long hours at quarter end and year end
*Heavy work load for some employees while other employees have time to socialize all day
*Favoritism, management will choose people that they like and those people will get promoted faster and be able to do whatever they want

Management acts like they value their employees but they really only value the employees who they are friends with and employees who make their whole life their job. Vacation and sick time really is not that good compared to other companies and you only get 5 holidays off, New Years is considered the 6th holiday paid but most people usually have to work it. Just like high school, if you are in the popular crowd you are golden and probably love working there, but if you aren't then you can work really hard and not move up or even get fired. You can move up through the different levels of payroll specialist fairly quickly but you have to take tests and if you don't take the tests you get in trouble. Also, anyone can move up to the highest level of payroll specialist as long as they pass the tests, even if they are not the best employee. Management demands that people are clocked in on time but don't seem to care if people go to get coffee or socialize once they are clocked in. Also, the managers are not always there on time themselves.

Disburse the work more evenly and if someone is overworked then find a way to remove some of their workload or move some of their clients to another specialists. Hire more specialists and lower the client load. Get a suggestion box and actually listen to your employees. Don't punish employees for being a minute late unless you are willing to punish the employees who clock in on time then spend 10 or 20 minutes getting coffee and socializing. Lead by example, if you want the employees to be clocked in at 8 on the dot then be at your desk at that time and make sure the team leaders are too. Employees get resentful when they are punished for being a minute late but see their team leader or surpervisor stroll in a few minutes late. A huge amount of employees in several departments are very unhappy and they are constantly looking for a new job, several of them are waiting to be vested in units or for the company to go public then they plan on leaving.

165 Other Employee Reviews for Paycom (View Most Recent)

Amazing Place to Work!!!

Current Employee - Administrative Database Management in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Administrative Database Management in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Paycom has a beautiful, new headquarters in OKC where I live and work. Getting a job with Paycom over a year ago has been the best thing for me. I have great co-workers, awesome benefits and an important job that makes me feel like I'm part of the team. These are some of the great things you can look forward to when working for Paycom; health benefits are THE BEST, vacation, sick leave, FMLA and company celebrations along with giveaways.

Cons

I have worked here for over a year now and I have no cons to working for this company. They have worked along with me to make sure this is a good fit for myself as well as for them.

Keep up the great work! You have made this a wonderful place to work and I enjoy being a Paycom employee!

Paycom is a great company to work for!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Paycom is such a fun company to work for. They care about their employees. The atmosphere is overall very positive and everyone seems to enjoy their job.

Cons

The one con about Paycom is the interviewing process to get in. The application is lengthy and then you have to go through several different tests and interviews before the final decision is made.

There are newer employer reviews for Paycom