There are newer employer reviews for Paycom

Please read before accepting an offer from this company!!!!!

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Fort Worth, TX
Former Employee - Sales Representative in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay structure is pretty solid. Good incentives to permanently raise your base if you last

Cons

I'm not telling you not to accept an offer if it is presented to you, especially if you're in a pinch, but I'm telling you DO NOT burn any bridges with other companies that may want to hire you. Paycom misrepresents their training. It's not training, it's a job trial. And they will not tell you if you're not performing up to par. I've been a top performer in a few sales organizations and was told i was doing well in training, then on my 10th day, I was told I didn't know the system well enough and let go....2 weeks after my hire date. Since then i've confirmed with several reps still employed there that this kind of thing happens all the time. There is no job security here. Most management is inexperienced. I even set 10 appointments in my 2 weeks there and they still let me go. If you have a choice between sales skills and product knowledge, you pick the one that can't be taught. So, if they're the first to offer you a position, take it, but don't go into it thinking long term because they aren't thinking that about you. Stall until something else opens up then jump ship. Don't make the same mistake I did. I wish any readers of this nothing but the best in whatever they choose to do.

Advice to Management

You need to realize that Sales skills are MUCH MORE important than product knowledge. Not that product knowledge isnt important, but anyone can learn that, they just may learn at different rates. More experienced people know this.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Paycom is an AWESOME place to work!!

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paycom is an amazing, growing company that gives you all that you can ask for in a sales career!! From day one you are given all of the tools to be successful. The training program is very good and the continued knowledge that you gain in business is unmatchable. The compensation is very good as well. Great base salary for a 'sales' job and an even better commission structure. The sky is truly the limit with the ability to make well over 100K with an uncapped incentive program!! There is also a ton of recognition with annual sales trips to places such as Puerto Rico and Maui!! You can't find that in most companies these days!! The leadership is great and they believe in promoting from within!! I am so glad that I can say I am a part of the Paycom Team!!

Cons

Payroll sales is not easy and not for everyone! Just as in any job that you want to be successful in, it takes hard work and dedication. The first year is tough because there is so much to learn. It is not a job for someone that just wants to scoot by. Paycom hires the best so be prepared to learn, listen, and work hard every day!!

Advice to Management

Paycom is a great company so keep doing what you are doing!! Keep up the recognition and the compensation!! Can't wait till Maui!!!

Benefits and compensation are good but not really a good place to work.

Former Employee - Payroll Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Payroll Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Paycom full-time

Pros

*Great pay *Year-end party *Special celebrations (payroll week, monthly luncheon, and holiday celebrations) *Promotion opportunities *Cheap lunch and health insurance for employee only

Cons

*Long hours at quarter end and year end *Heavy work load for some employees while other employees have time to socialize all day *Favoritism, management will choose people that they like and those people will get promoted faster and be able to do whatever they want Management acts like they value their employees but they really only value the employees who they are friends with and employees who make their whole life their job. Vacation and sick time really is not that good compared to other companies and you only get 5 holidays off, New Years is considered the 6th holiday paid but most people usually have to work it. Just like high school, if you are in the popular crowd you are golden and probably love working there, but if you aren't then you can work really hard and not move up or even get fired. You can move up through the different levels of payroll specialist fairly quickly but you have to take tests and if you don't take the tests you get in trouble. Also, anyone can move up to the highest level of payroll specialist as long as they pass the tests, even if they are not the best employee. Management demands that people are clocked in on time but don't seem to care if people go to get coffee or socialize once they are clocked in. Also, the managers are not always there on time themselves.

Advice to Management

Disburse the work more evenly and if someone is overworked then find a way to remove some of their workload or move some of their clients to another specialists. Hire more specialists and lower the client load. Get a suggestion box and actually listen to your employees. Don't punish employees for being a minute late unless you are willing to punish the employees who clock in on time then spend 10 or 20 minutes getting coffee and socializing. Lead by example, if you want the employees to be clocked in at 8 on the dot then be at your desk at that time and make sure the team leaders are too. Employees get resentful when they are punished for being a minute late but see their team leader or surpervisor stroll in a few minutes late. A huge amount of employees in several departments are very unhappy and they are constantly looking for a new job, several of them are waiting to be vested in units or for the company to go public then they plan on leaving.