Paycom

www.paycom.com
  www.paycom.com
There are newer employer reviews for Paycom

If you want to be a number and not a valued employee, this is your company!

Former Employee - Sales Representative  in  Tampa, FL
Former Employee - Sales Representative in Tampa, FL

I worked at Paycom full-time for more than a year

Pros

You can make good money if you manage to throw up big numbers in your first 6 months....and if your manager favors you.

Cons

Welcome to the revolving door. This company hires so many recruiters to fill its sales positions, it's ridiculous.. They can't keep sales people because of the horrible environment and ridiculous management! The "rave reviews" that somone at Paycom corporate or their recruiting agencies obviously posted about this company are completely untrue. Before I got to my current position, I was actually contacted by two separate recruiting companies that would no longer work with Paycom because of thier treatment of employees and excessive turnover rate for the sales people they placed.

Concentrate on employee retention and making customers happy and then you may have something for the future...

138 Other Employee Reviews for Paycom (View Most Recent)

Benefits and compensation are good but not really a good place to work.

Former Employee - Payroll Specialist  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Payroll Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Paycom full-time

Pros

*Great pay
    *Year-end party
    *Special celebrations (payroll week, monthly luncheon, and holiday celebrations)
    *Promotion opportunities
    *Cheap lunch and health insurance for employee only

Cons

*Long hours at quarter end and year end
    *Heavy work load for some employees while other employees have time to socialize all day
    *Favoritism, management will choose people that they like and those people will get promoted faster and be able to do whatever they want

Management acts like they value their employees but they really only value the employees who they are friends with and employees who make their whole life their job. Vacation and sick time really is not that good compared to other companies and you only get 5 holidays off, New Years is considered the 6th holiday paid but most people usually have to work it. Just like high school, if you are in the popular crowd you are golden and probably love working there, but if you aren't then you can work really hard and not move up or even get fired. You can move up through the different levels of payroll specialist fairly quickly but you have to take tests and if you don't take the tests you get in trouble. Also, anyone can move up to the highest level of payroll specialist as long as they pass the tests, even if they are not the best employee. Management demands that people are clocked in on time but don't seem to care if people go to get coffee or socialize once they are clocked in. Also, the managers are not always there on time themselves.

Disburse the work more evenly and if someone is overworked then find a way to remove some of their workload or move some of their clients to another specialists. Hire more specialists and lower the client load. Get a suggestion box and actually listen to your employees. Don't punish employees for being a minute late unless you are willing to punish the employees who clock in on time then spend 10 or 20 minutes getting coffee and socializing. Lead by example, if you want the employees to be clocked in at 8 on the dot then be at your desk at that time and make sure the team leaders are too. Employees get resentful when they are punished for being a minute late but see their team leader or surpervisor stroll in a few minutes late. A huge amount of employees in several departments are very unhappy and they are constantly looking for a new job, several of them are waiting to be vested in units or for the company to go public then they plan on leaving.

If you are driven and looking for a great opportunity, Paycom is the place!!!

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than a year

Pros

-The Tampa office has a great culture and team environment, we are more like family than co-workers
    -The opportunity to make a 6 figure income is very attainable, the commission structure is the highest I have seen out there.
    -Love the ability to move into management so quickly if you have proven yourself
    -Every day is different so you are never bored
    -Constant contests to motivate and keep things fun!!

Cons

-You have to be willing to work hard
    -Need to enjoy a fast paced environment
    -Need to want a true "Hunter" position

I love the constant training we receive across the company, it helps us sharpen our sales skills. Continue all the great product development.

There are newer employer reviews for Paycom

Worked for Paycom? Contribute to the Community!