Paycom
www.paycomjobs.com Oklahoma City, OK 500 to 999 Employees

Please read if you're thinking about joining Paycom

Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Paycom full-time for more than a year

ProsBase Salary is great
regional managers are all good!

ConsFirst of all I'm not a bitter former employee who got fired. I left on my own terms and was number 1 in my office.

- work hours - expect to be there from 7am till at 530 on office days which are Mon, Tues and Fri. Field days are Wed and Thurs and BE EXPECTED to work from home. They have things that aren't in "selling hours"...for example if you have a business case write which could take an hour or two then do that at home. Research the company you're meeting for the rest of the week at home.

- they ask current reps to write GOOD reviews on here because their turnover rate is bad and for all you candidates that look on here it makes it look like its a great place to work. in my training class of 12 - one year later I was the only one left.

- you end up taking your work home and thinking about it and checking your phone at all hours.

- you're just a number to them - If you're not setting 6 appointments a week with CFOs of companies of 75 employees or more then they're on you're back (which I guess is like any other sales job).

- after you sign a client up you have to do a lot of work. You sell the account, then you have to get all the paperwork, then you have to train everyone.

- Phone canvassing - 4 hours of non stop calling the same people who hung up on you last week every Tuesday and Friday. You will have around 150-175 people that you can call. All of them have been called by the previous Paycom rep.

- they ask you to be "bright and loud" when phone canvasser interviews to come in so it looks like a great company culture.

- Everyone there is young because they hire young people as they know they're willing to put in the hours and the amount of work they throw at you.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat people like people, and not just numbers!

Good Company to work for

Sales Executive (Current Employee)

I have been working at Paycom full-time for less than a year

Pros: -Great Pay -Co-workers -You learn a lot Cons: -It was a very stressful job. Be ready to work… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

sales rep

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Paycom

Pros: good base salary plus car allowance Cons: terrible interview process, long and drawn out, waste of time, St. Louis Office has very… Advice to Senior Management: A company will not survive without the loyalty of its… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Paycom.

Worked for Paycom? Contribute to the Community!

Paycom – Why Work for Us?

Paycom was founded in Oklahoma City in 1998 as the first online payroll company capable of serving mid-size businesses. Paycom’s CEO spent years in the payroll industry and knew there had to be a better way to service… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Paycom reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Paycom CEO Chad Richison. All reviews posted anonymously by Paycom employees.