Paycom

www.paycom.com
  www.paycom.com
There are newer employer reviews for Paycom

unrealistic expectations, stressful environment, immature management

Former Employee - Sales Representative
Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Paycom full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay can be very rewarding
You aren't stuck in the office all day
If you get a good manager you will continue to be motivated if you get a bad manager you will hate monday mornings

Cons

Lack of support - as a sales person you have to set the appointment, close the deal, implement the technology, transition the client, train the client - you basically wear 12 hats
12 hour workdays in sales most of the time
They expect you to be a robot
They treat you like a child unless you are way above quota

Don't promote people to management solely based on the fact that they were a good sales rep, please ENSURE that they will not be a petty immature brat and play favorites

Paycom Response

Jul 26, 2013Representative

Your feedback is appreciated. We do ask our sales executives to help transition and train our clients because we are a customer focused company. As you pointed out, we reward our reps accordingly ... More

138 Other Employee Reviews for Paycom (View Most Recent)

I tried and got fired

Former Employee - Payroll Processor  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Payroll Processor in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Paycom full-time for less than a year

Pros

This company was wonderful and I tried very hard, I was there for two months and was barely under my quota. I got very stressed out because I was pushed very hard for my quota after being out of training for a month, once I reached it the quota it was moved up by 50 the next week. The tricky thing was that quota for payroll processors are set by the team leads, not upper management so they differed from team to team which I saw as a bit unfair. I was extremely stressed out because of this and loved my job so I tried very hard and was barely under quota, I talked to my team lead about this and asked if she could work with me which she assured me it would all be alright and that she knew I was working hard. The next day I was called in at the end of the day I was fired due to being to stressed out.

Cons

Getting fired for being to stressed out.

If an employee is working really really hard and you hear one side of a story, before firing them. Ask for their side of the story.

Paycom Response

Jul 26, 2013Representative

Thank you for your feedback. Management evaluated and set a standard quota across the board for all payroll processors.

Opportunity and Career Growth

Current Employee - Specialist  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working at Paycom has been a blessing as Paycom is a company on the move. Paycom recently broke ground on an addition to its state-of-the-art headquarters and is a seven year Inc. 500 honoree - awarded to the fastest-growing companies in the country.

Personally, I have grown by leaps and bounds as a professional during my seven month career and know there is unlimited career mobility with Paycom so long as I continue to work hard and add value to the company.

The management team at Paycom is exceptional. They do a wonderful job of bench-marking the success of their employees and showing everyone the big picture. At meetings management details how its employees are vital to the success of the company and with everyone working together Paycom can and will continue to be the fastest-growing Payroll and Human Capital company in the nation.

Additionally, there are a number of great leaders that are passionate about making the company culture the envy of the state. The company's annual Year End Party - thrown to honor the hard work of employees and success of the company - distinguishes Paycom from any other business. It is experience that will never be forgotten.

Cons

It takes time to accrue vacation and sick time.

There are newer employer reviews for Paycom

Worked for Paycom? Contribute to the Community!