Paycom

www.paycom.com

My experience at Paycom has provided me with tremendous creative opportunities and exponential professional growth.

Current Employee - Operations Employee  in  Oklahoma City, OK
Current Employee - Operations Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Pros

Paycom has an amazing company culture which includes affordable catered meals every day, a free on-site gym with boot camp and Zumba classes, and monthly themed luncheons celebrating employee anniversaries. There are also numerous company activities such as the Year End Party (which is above and beyond any other company's holiday parties), National Payroll Week, Customer Appreciation Week and Wellness Week.

As part of the Training Department, I can speak confidently about the amazing training classes offered daily to help employees grow personally and professionally. The trainers make themselves available to help employees with any questions they may have about the Paycom products and the best ways to continue to offer the best customer service.

I am personally excited about my future at Paycom. Paycom is one of the fastest growing companies in Oklahoma City and you can tell by the number of new hires on a weekly basis. Paycom is currently working on a new building and the expansion plans are amazing and exciting.

Paycom has allowed me to use and expand my creative abilities and grow as a professional. I get to create and develop new training materials, newsletters and bulletins on a daily basis and work on projects that best communicate our new product developments with customers so they immediately know the most exciting things happening with the Paycom products.

Cons

Because Paycom is so customer focused and its number one priority is taking care of them, Paycom employees are, at times, working some holidays others companies may have off.

Paycom has a great environment and I feel lucky to be able to see so many upper management employees on a daily basis and feel so welcome to go to any one of them and express any new ideas or concerns I may have. My advice to any manager at Paycom would be to keep up the great environment/culture and continue to be an available source and open door for employees and a great example on how to be a great leader.

Other reviews for Paycom

Lack of personality

Pros

The product itself, is the best out there
    Personal Health Insurance with company is inexpensive
    If you can get into selling payroll, you can make a lot of money with the company and there are management opportunities due to growth within company

Cons

The sales process is complex
    The product has no personality to it
    If you have a personality, you have to learn to lock it up for 10+ hours/per day
    Commissions take months to get paid out
    Cultish culture-the company will discretely present these conservative ideologies
    Barely any vacation
    Not your typical B2B job, you have to go to office beginning and end of day

Paycom Response

Dec 5, 2013Representative

Sorry to hear a career in sales wasn't the right fit. We appreciate your feedback and want to point out that on average commission is paid out within 45 days and we respect everyone's ... More

Amazing opportunity at an amazing company!

Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative in Denver, CO

Pros

Let's start with the most exciting...the pay! :) I started working for the company when I was 22 years old. Although it was a very difficult job, the compensation more than made up for it. I started with a base of 30k, which it significantly increased to 45k within 2 months. Then again about a year later, the starting base went to 50k. After a little over a year of selling, my base went to 80k and eventually made it to over 100k+. This doesn't even include commissions.

Money isn't the only thing that is amazing. So is the opportunity for advancement. If you want to be in management, you have the ability to do so within 2 years (sometimes even less!). Reps and managers get to travel once a quarter to executive rep training in Dallas and stay at the Grand Hyatt. We do dinners, trainings, and stay at an amazing hotel.

President's Club is the most fun I have ever had. We have opportunities to go to Maui, Puerto Rico, Naples, New York, Sedona, etc. The company pays for the trip and allows you to not use vacation time while you're there.

Overall, it's an AMAZING company and I wouldn't trade my experience for the world!!!

Cons

I wish I would have received a little more vacation time during my first year of employment.

Continue to do what you do! :)

There are newer employer reviews for Paycom.

Worked for Paycom? Contribute to the Community!