Paycom

www.paycom.com
There are newer employer reviews for Paycom

Great company if you can hack it

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Parsippany, NJ
Former Employee - Sales Executive in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Paycom full-time (less than a year)

Pros

-Amazing talent, they really do recruit the most impressive sales people
-Great pay, they are always looking for ways to increase your commission. I would get a check and have it be much higher than expected because of small bonuses they included.
-Constant training and personal development. Every Monday we would train on a topic, every Friday there is another one for the entire company. They are constantly flying you places for corporate training and they even have 2 weeks when you first start of all day training. Trust me-They want you to know what you're doing!

Cons

Overall it's still a sales job. You are required to meet a certain number of appointments, bring in a certain quota and hit specific numbers. They pay you well for a reason. The manager I had was fantastic, she worked just as long and hard as her reps, but I've heard not all offices have someone like that. I ultimately had to leave because I couldn't stand talking to people all day about payroll, they are just miserable. If you are able to handle stress well and can get over the fact that you're selling payroll, then the money is absolutely worth it!

Great job, keep up the good work. Vacation during first year could be better.

169 Other Employee Reviews for Paycom (View Most Recent)

Have to like Cold Calling

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at Paycom as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

The company spends a ton of money on their training program. They employees are great, and usually like to have fun, as well as, work.

Cons

I had an intern position and I felt like I was ill prepared for the interview. One problem is because the company is focusing on expanding so much, the managers are often ill equipt...

Spend as much time with the managers as you do with the sales people starting off.

Paycom Response

Dec 5, 2013Representative

We do promote a work hard, play hard culture and calling prospects falls in the working hard category. Thank you for telling others about the amount of resources we put into our training programs. As ... More

Amazing People, Great Technology, Game Changing Opportunity

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Paycom full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked for Paycom for 6 years. From day one this has been the most rewarding experience of my life. While my friends struggled to find something they were passionate about I started to advance my career. Over the past 6 years, I have been about to grow as a sales person and a manager. With most companies you have to wait 10-15 year to make the money and have the impact I have today! It has been hard work but nothing in life worth having is easy. Paycom has the best product, service and overall value in the industry.

Cons

I really don't have any thing bad to say. It's a great fit for me. If you are driven, smart and hard working you will love it!

Continue to build the best management and sales team in America.

There are newer employer reviews for Paycom