Paycom

There are newer employer reviews for Paycom

Have to like Cold Calling

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Sales Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at Paycom as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

The company spends a ton of money on their training program. They employees are great, and usually like to have fun, as well as, work.

Cons

I had an intern position and I felt like I was ill prepared for the interview. One problem is because the company is focusing on expanding so much, the managers are often ill equipt...

Spend as much time with the managers as you do with the sales people starting off.

Paycom Response

Dec 5, 2013Representative

We do promote a work hard, play hard culture and calling prospects falls in the working hard category. Thank you for telling others about the amount of resources we put into our training programs. As ... More

169 Other Employee Reviews for Paycom (View Most Recent)

Great company if you can hack it

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Parsippany, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Paycom full-time (less than a year)

Pros

-Amazing talent, they really do recruit the most impressive sales people
    -Great pay, they are always looking for ways to increase your commission. I would get a check and have it be much higher than expected because of small bonuses they included.
    -Constant training and personal development. Every Monday we would train on a topic, every Friday there is another one for the entire company. They are constantly flying you places for corporate training and they even have 2 weeks when you first start of all day training. Trust me-They want you to know what you're doing!

Cons

Overall it's still a sales job. You are required to meet a certain number of appointments, bring in a certain quota and hit specific numbers. They pay you well for a reason. The manager I had was fantastic, she worked just as long and hard as her reps, but I've heard not all offices have someone like that. I ultimately had to leave because I couldn't stand talking to people all day about payroll, they are just miserable. If you are able to handle stress well and can get over the fact that you're selling payroll, then the money is absolutely worth it!

Great job, keep up the good work. Vacation during first year could be better.

Amazing Company

Current Employee - Recruiter in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Paycom as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Pay, Advancement, Culture, and Growth. I have never heard of a company where people can make so much and do so much in a short period of time. Interview process is streamlined but still covers all of the bases. Normal interview process start to finish is always less than two weeks. I am an external recruiter for Paycom at Summit Executive Recruiting and we love sending people to Paycom!

Cons

None, but not a company for average performers. They will only take the best.

Keep doing what you are doing. As you continue to grow do everything possible to keep the outstanding culture that you have built in tact.

There are newer employer reviews for Paycom