Paycom

Excellent Company

Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative  in  Oklahoma City, OK
Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay, creating my own schedule, sense of ownership over my territory, personal and professional growth

Cons

Hard work; however, it pays off

Other Reviews for Paycom

Paycom is a wonderful company, providing terrific opportunities for both personal and professional growth.

I have been working at Paycom

Pros

Paycom encourages personal growth and gives you the tools to become an outstanding salesperson. With an extremely generous benefit plan, they are interested in attracting and retaining top talent.

Cons

You might say that I've drank the kool-aide, but I can't think of any cons for the company. In the early month of working you need to put a lot of energy into the position. But like any other high-paying position, if you want to be successful you have to put the time in.

Good and bad all rolled up into one tortilla

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Catered lunches= $4.
    Constant Paycom cheer leading & freebies (ie: shirts, pens, etc).
    On-site gym
    Medical care= $1 (not including vision & dental).
    Company wide participation events (ie: contests, trivia, fundraising).
    Employee recognition.
    Parties.
    Company is growing and there is good job security.
    Benefits are decent & there is a 401k plan with match.
    For many departments, generally consistent hours.

Cons

Lots of office politics.
    Cliques are not discouraged.
    The quality of your experience working for Paycom will depend on your department/team
    In my own team, employees with bad work ethics have been rewarded, good behaviors are overlooked.
    On the same note, rewards are often left to chance instead of merit.
    Don't expect to get most holidays off-- do expect to come in during inclement weather... or else.
    Not a lot of vacation or sick time.
    Internal growth is minimal outside of your own department, Paycom has few internal positions posted, most are for external applicants only .
    Lower level management has "training" on leadership by people inexperienced in leadership. Managers/leads don't understand what it means to be a leader as opposed to a "boss."
    The company calls itself a training company, but when 20 somethings are training on topics they have no experience with... lessons can't be taken seriously.
    Lacks diverse work force. Lots of fresh out of college, women, in their early 20s. This can make for a very "high school" atmosphere.
    No part-time positions.
    The interview process .... is just terrible on every level from tests to the interviewers being prepared.

Be consistent within the company on expectations. Don't let some departments have rampant poor work ethics while others have high standards. Set company standards for what is expected and enforce them... for example, some departments have very high punctuality standards, others allow tardiness to run rampant.

Paycom Response

Dec 10, 2013Representative

We are committed to continuously evaluating our policies and procedures within our organization and embrace the opinions of each of our employees. As such, we survey our workforce each year and found ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Paycom.

Worked for Paycom? Contribute to the Community!