Paycom

www.paycom.com

Great Career Choice

Current Employee - New Client Setup Specialist  in  Oklahoma City, OK
Current Employee - New Client Setup Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

Pros

Not only the new hire training, but the constant training that employees go through on a daily basis. Gym, catered lunches, boot camps, awesome work environment. Constantly growing which means room for growth in your career!

Cons

While growth is a pro, it's also a con. We are experiencing growing pains like any company that grows this quickly would. Need more people! Days are long. You're lucky if you're actually able to take a lunch and leave at 5:00.

None. We have the best of the best.

Other reviews for Paycom

Unhappy Experience

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

Pros

Competitive Base Salary
    Good baseline sales experience

Cons

Turnover is unbelievably bad - They lose reps left and right and don't seem to care. No job security at all.
    The PTO policy is horrible - No Work Life balance at all.
    Managers and upper management micro manage everyone

"The Boiler Room" on steroids

Unhappy clients due to lack of knowledge from the sales rep. Create a better defined infrastructure in setting deals up.

Paycom Response

May 15, 2014Representative

I am sorry to hear you had a disappointing experience while serving as a sales rep. We pride ourselves on our advanced training curriculum that each rep goes through. Training opportunities are ... More

Good experience, unprofessional Company

Former Employee - Sales Executive
    Former Employee - Sales Executive

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, good experience. The culture is young, energetic people that are excited to succeed. The product is actually quite strong.

Cons

Management is beyond horrendous. Micro-management is an understatement (phone calls throughout the day to see if you are where you said you would be - something that was unwarranted as that trust had never been broken). Management is incredibly self-serving as well, and extremely cliquey. I felt like I was back in junior high.

Extremely unprofessional in many areas including HR (Paycom's HR), management, crisis recovery, role specification (roles not clearly defined), and sales support.

Turnover is very high in the industry, and this company is no different. They will kick you to the curb for absolutely no reason, and refuse to give you the cause (I'm in an at-will state). You are nothing more than a number as a sales person at this company (which is deceiving given that this is an executive sale company).

Be prepared to work 70-80 hours/week while your manager cuts out early on a regular basis. Work/life balance is poor, as my life began to revolve around the job.

Everything you'll do within the company is smoke and mirrors. There is a sense of fear that rolls down hill throughout the company that comes from poor job security. Regionals are scared of the CSO, the office managers are scared of the regionals, and sales reps are either scared or buddy/buddy with their managers. If you start in sales here, be ready to play the game. You'll see how different your manager is the first time your Regional visits the office - smoke and mirrors.

I would not recommend the industry to anyone, but there are better companies within it. Not necessarily from a product standpoint, but from an organizational level.

After their successful IPO, the culture exploded into a much worse atmosphere than it already was.

Clean house in management and take ownership of your sales offices. Clean up the support side of things, as often reps are left to fend for themselves. Fix the cliquey culture, it is indicative of young, unprofessional persons; and reflects poorly on you.

Paycom Response

May 23, 2014Representative

We are sorry to hear of your experience, but appreciate your candid feedback. I can assure you this is a unique situation within our sales organization and something we are looking into. Our sales ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Paycom.

Worked for Paycom? Contribute to the Community!