There are newer employer reviews for Paycom

Challenging but worth it!

Current Employee - Outside B2B Sales Representative in Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Outside B2B Sales Representative in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

One of the best reasons to work at Paycom is the opportunity for growth. From day one of working at Paycom there is a plan for growth and you start training for that as soon as you start. There are unlimited amounts of training, different challenges that have to be faced daily, and tons of communication from upper management. This career has given me the opportunity to not only grow as a professional, but also in my personal life. Working with executives everyday has given me the tools to succeed and continue to grow in the path I want!

Cons

Some of the challenges at Paycom are that the sales representative is involved throughout the entire lifecycle of the sales process. I say that in a good way because being involved and seeing the entire process come full circle is the best feeling knowing that it was you who got the company up and running and had a collaborative team that worked together to bring a great outcome for the client. Although it is very challenging having to balance the sales and setup process it only makes you a stronger business professional.

Advice to Management

The upper management at Paycom cares about your growth within the company. When you bring a new client onboard you are recognized throughout the entire company and given the opportunity to share your success story to other representatives. We have weekly meetings with our direct manager to go over our goals, plan and any help we need reaching those for the week.

Other Employee Reviews for Paycom

Happy Employee

Current Employee - Sale Representative in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Sale Representative in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

*The opportunity for growth within the company is huge / Paycom is growing drastically. *Best Culture I have experienced, especially in a stressful job. *You will see as much success as the work you put in. *Ability to make as much money as you're willing to work for. *You feel the support from the entire company, you can tell you are valued at Paycom whether you have been with Paycom for 6 months or 5+ years.

Cons

There aren't many cons about this job. The job is hard, but nothing worth having comes easy.

Best Career choice I could have made.

Current Employee - Paycom Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Paycom Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company provides so much incentive, from catered lunches, luncheons sponsored by the company once a month, a weekend getaway at the end of every year, to VERY affordable health insurance. Paycom really looks out for their employee's. The work environment is great and the amount of training that is offered is incomparable. I feel fully equipped to conquer whatever the day might throw at me. Not to mention the base salary is well worth all the hard work.

Cons

The work load is not an easy one, but if you like to keep busy and can stay organized Paycom is most definitely a great place to work and to grow professionally. Some times of the year require more hours at the office, which can be exhausting, but that is just part of any job.

Advice to Management

While training has helped me immensely, the required trainings can at times detract from my workload. If every other week I have to attend a required training and I have x amount of projects and calls to make, then I am being set up to get behind. There is a lot of expectation as far as my position goes, which I am capable of meeting. A more clear chain of priorities between personal development and taking care of clients and projects would make balancing these two more manageable.