Paycom

There are newer employer reviews for Paycom

Happy Employee

Current Employee - Sale Representative in Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Sale Representative in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Paycom full-time (more than an year)

Pros

*The opportunity for growth within the company is huge / Paycom is growing drastically.
*Best Culture I have experienced, especially in a stressful job.
*You will see as much success as the work you put in.
*Ability to make as much money as you're willing to work for.
*You feel the support from the entire company, you can tell you are valued at Paycom whether you have been with Paycom for 6 months or 5+ years.

Cons

There aren't many cons about this job. The job is hard, but nothing worth having comes easy.

165 Other Employee Reviews for Paycom (View Most Recent)

Rewarding!!

I have been working at Paycom full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with the company for over 3 years and I have never once regretted my decision to leave my job and come to Paycom. The money is exceptional, but that is just one perk to the position. This is the first company that I have worked for that truly cared about my growth and development. In my last job, I felt that they only trained me to handle my current job responsibilities. I feel like Paycom is constantly grooming me to eventually run the company. :) We talk a lot about mental management in my office and I believe that is one of the reasons I’ve been able to work through the hard times. Not every day is perfect here, but I wake up every morning excited for the day and I love knowing that I can go as far as I want in this company.

Cons

It is a sales job. You have quotas and expectations are high. Since I started with the company I feel like Paycom continues to hire better and better executives. Competition is high so you need to realize that you might not be a superstar from day one, but I have seen some of my colleagues sell just as much in the first year as other reps in their 4th or 5th year. Working with my last company it was impossible to be in the top 5 your 1st or 2nd or even 3rd year. But here, it’s up to you!

3 years ago I would have said vacation time, but in your 3rd year that is not an issue. The only thing I can think of is more team events where you can bring your family. I love hanging out with my coworkers, but I would love to be able to bring my spouse out to dinner everyonce in a while.

Amazing opportunity with young, rapidly growing company

Current Employee - Dallas sales rep in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Dallas sales rep in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Paycom full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Very high earning potential. Actually kind of crazy how real the money is
    -Training is top priority. CSO Jeff York is a consummate business leader and sales professional. Very hands on for a top executive. Trainings happen two to three times weekly, as they are always trying to make you better. Dallas manager Glen Love has been instrumental in my success, and he actually cares about making you better.
    -Sell a superior product. Makes the job easier, and you can sleep easy when you truly believe in the product you sell. Let's just say that if I ever got fired, I could never work for another HRIS vendor.
    -By far the most tenured support team for implementation and ongoing support. Puts your mind at ease that your clients are well taken care of.
    -Just went public in April 2014. Execs are nothing short of genius. Excellent business plan and strategy. Extremely proactive in growth initiatives.
    -Close team atmosphere. Great learning from tenured reps.

I feel very lucky to be working for Paycom.

Cons

Office is in Lewisville near 121 and I-35. I live in Dallas so it's a bit of a drive, and I'm in the office for some part of Monday Tuesday and Friday.

Given the resources provided, I have found that you are only limited by what you put into it. I work about 45 hours per week, and I'm above plan. It's not difficult if you follow instructions and execute the processes set forth by CSO Jeff York. The process works. I will say this--there's a steep learning curve. If you aren't willing to put your nose to the grindstone until you learn the sales process and the product, this may not be a good fit. Also, do not bother applying for Paycom if you think you have a the greatest sales methodology of all time, and aren't willing to learn and adapt. Lastly, you're going to fail and fall flat on your face some at the beginning. If that bothers you, again, maybe not a good fit.

After being here a year, I would estimate that about 90% of turnover happens in the first year. If you can tough it out, you'll be rewarded with ridiculous compensation.

It seems like if I start thinking of something that could be better, that thing is improved before I have said anything to anyone. Corporate culture is strong, and each department of the business seems obsessed with being the gold standard for the industry. Most of the execs wealth is tied up in Paycom equity, so they have every reason in the world to be fully committed to the long-term success of the business. Paycom is awesome. If you're thinking of applying, do it.

There are newer employer reviews for Paycom