Paycom

www.paycom.com
There are newer employer reviews for Paycom

Rewarding!!

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have been with the company for over 3 years and I have never once regretted my decision to leave my job and come to Paycom. The money is exceptional, but that is just one perk to the position. This is the first company that I have worked for that truly cared about my growth and development. In my last job, I felt that they only trained me to handle my current job responsibilities. I feel like Paycom is constantly grooming me to eventually run the company. :) We talk a lot about mental management in my office and I believe that is one of the reasons I’ve been able to work through the hard times. Not every day is perfect here, but I wake up every morning excited for the day and I love knowing that I can go as far as I want in this company.

Cons

It is a sales job. You have quotas and expectations are high. Since I started with the company I feel like Paycom continues to hire better and better executives. Competition is high so you need to realize that you might not be a superstar from day one, but I have seen some of my colleagues sell just as much in the first year as other reps in their 4th or 5th year. Working with my last company it was impossible to be in the top 5 your 1st or 2nd or even 3rd year. But here, it’s up to you!

3 years ago I would have said vacation time, but in your 3rd year that is not an issue. The only thing I can think of is more team events where you can bring your family. I love hanging out with my coworkers, but I would love to be able to bring my spouse out to dinner everyonce in a while.

136 Other Employee Reviews for Paycom (View Most Recent)

Best Career choice I could have made.

Current Employee - Paycom Specialist  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Paycom Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company provides so much incentive, from catered lunches, luncheons sponsored by the company once a month, a weekend getaway at the end of every year, to VERY affordable health insurance. Paycom really looks out for their employee's. The work environment is great and the amount of training that is offered is incomparable. I feel fully equipped to conquer whatever the day might throw at me. Not to mention the base salary is well worth all the hard work.

Cons

The work load is not an easy one, but if you like to keep busy and can stay organized Paycom is most definitely a great place to work and to grow professionally. Some times of the year require more hours at the office, which can be exhausting, but that is just part of any job.

While training has helped me immensely, the required trainings can at times detract from my workload. If every other week I have to attend a required training and I have x amount of projects and calls to make, then I am being set up to get behind. There is a lot of expectation as far as my position goes, which I am capable of meeting. A more clear chain of priorities between personal development and taking care of clients and projects would make balancing these two more manageable.

Paycom is a wonderful place to grow and succeed

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Boston, MA

I have been working at Paycom full-time for less than a year

Pros

Paycom makes sure to show all of their employees appreciation, whether it be through company events, trips, or even just words of encouragement. The founders of Paycom instilled a great company culture from the get go and it can still be seen 15 years later. Paycom also is great about advancement by constantly giving career opportunities and they provide great benefits for their employees.

Cons

The vacation and sick policy isn't ideal, however, you will enjoy being at work and will not want to take a day off if you don't have to!

Paycom Response

May 23, 2014Representative

Thank you for letting others know about your experience at Paycom.

There are newer employer reviews for Paycom

Worked for Paycom? Contribute to the Community!