Paycom

There are newer employer reviews for Paycom

Great environment!!

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Oklahoma City, OK
Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are great people working here! There are many benefits to working at Paycom. They provide $1 health insurance, company luncheons, catered lunches, and many different company functions.

Cons

The pay for my position is a bit low for the amount of stress the work causes. They have black out periods every quarter and year end. This job requires a lot of overtime.

165 Other Employee Reviews for Paycom (View Most Recent)

Great Opportunity

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Paycom full-time (more than an year)

Pros

We work very hard for the success we have but the reward is there waiting on the other side. The growth within the company is there, you just need to decide if it's something your willing to work for!

Cons

Sales is demanding and sometimes you need a couple extra days to unwind and be with your family, friends, ect. So vacation days is something I think should be looked into.

Vacation time

Amazing opportunity with young, rapidly growing company

Current Employee - Dallas sales rep in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Dallas sales rep in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Paycom full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Very high earning potential. Actually kind of crazy how real the money is
    -Training is top priority. CSO Jeff York is a consummate business leader and sales professional. Very hands on for a top executive. Trainings happen two to three times weekly, as they are always trying to make you better. Dallas manager Glen Love has been instrumental in my success, and he actually cares about making you better.
    -Sell a superior product. Makes the job easier, and you can sleep easy when you truly believe in the product you sell. Let's just say that if I ever got fired, I could never work for another HRIS vendor.
    -By far the most tenured support team for implementation and ongoing support. Puts your mind at ease that your clients are well taken care of.
    -Just went public in April 2014. Execs are nothing short of genius. Excellent business plan and strategy. Extremely proactive in growth initiatives.
    -Close team atmosphere. Great learning from tenured reps.

I feel very lucky to be working for Paycom.

Cons

Office is in Lewisville near 121 and I-35. I live in Dallas so it's a bit of a drive, and I'm in the office for some part of Monday Tuesday and Friday.

Given the resources provided, I have found that you are only limited by what you put into it. I work about 45 hours per week, and I'm above plan. It's not difficult if you follow instructions and execute the processes set forth by CSO Jeff York. The process works. I will say this--there's a steep learning curve. If you aren't willing to put your nose to the grindstone until you learn the sales process and the product, this may not be a good fit. Also, do not bother applying for Paycom if you think you have a the greatest sales methodology of all time, and aren't willing to learn and adapt. Lastly, you're going to fail and fall flat on your face some at the beginning. If that bothers you, again, maybe not a good fit.

After being here a year, I would estimate that about 90% of turnover happens in the first year. If you can tough it out, you'll be rewarded with ridiculous compensation.

It seems like if I start thinking of something that could be better, that thing is improved before I have said anything to anyone. Corporate culture is strong, and each department of the business seems obsessed with being the gold standard for the industry. Most of the execs wealth is tied up in Paycom equity, so they have every reason in the world to be fully committed to the long-term success of the business. Paycom is awesome. If you're thinking of applying, do it.

There are newer employer reviews for Paycom