Paycor

There are newer employer reviews for Paycor

Dynamic, Growing Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Paycor full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Growing company offers a wide variety of career opportunities as they expand their client and product base. Approachable, highly talented upper management that seems invested in developing their staff. Also, they're building an impressive, modern, futuristic new building for their headquarters in Cincinnati (plans to move in 2014). Countless opportunities for community involvement, professional development, health and wellness promotion, and other activities for all staff.

Cons

With growth always comes some uncertainly. Roles and infrastructure do seem to change rapidly around here and many projects aren't seen through to full completion, which can be frustrating at times. The sales staff has relatively high turnover (although it appears on par with industry standards).

Make time to sit down with your employees every week and continue to help them develop their skills (basically, keep up the good work!). And fill all the open positions at the company to take some strain off current personnel!

76 Other Employee Reviews for Paycor (View Most Recent)

I wish someone would have told me this

I worked at Paycor

Pros

Product is decent and good partnerships in place.

Cons

Where to begin, micromanagement to the fullest. it seems they care more about what's in the crm system then what you are actually selling and the crm system doesn't work half the time but that is no excuse for not recording and updating activity and pipeline by the minute. Be ready to have calendar inspections, surprise ride alongs and pipeline reviews daily. Too many mandatory meetings, conference calls etc to have enough time in the field to be successful. Everyone just seems angry and controlling. Will not pay out two week notice or vacation time. Very unprofessional in my opinion. It felt like a military boot camp, not a career. I think I still have PTSD from my time there.

Treat your sales reps like professionals.

Growth and Opportunity in Cincinnati

Current Employee - Software Developer/Analyst in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Software Developer/Analyst in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Paycor full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Paycor is a rapidly growing company, and this growth provides numerous opportunities for those looking to launch their careers. Over the last several years, our growth has allowed me to play key roles in the development of our newest and most innovative software offerings. During this time, I've seen the careers of myself and other highly motivated individuals take off. Hard work and initiative are a must, but they get noticed and rewarded. Lastly, Paycor is a great place to work. Employees really do take care of each other and are always willing to lend a helping hand. Executives and managers care about our development and walk the talk. From mentorship to tech conferences to training programs, there is an ever-expanding pool of options to help us become masters of our craft.

Cons

With growth comes growing pains. Paycor is not without its flaws. There are some policies and practices that haven't keep pace with our growth. The silver lining is that we are working diligently to remedy it, and your great ideas can be part of the solution.

Continue to communicate and engage with employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Paycor