There are newer employer reviews for Paycor

Unfortunate but necessary. Dream of quitting every day.

Current Employee - Undisclosed in Cincinnati, OH
Current Employee - Undisclosed in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Paycor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some/too few good people. Some/too few talented people. Fairly consistent corporate philosophy/methodology throughout all levels, across all platforms.

Cons

High stress across all departments. Little concern by management to alleviate workload burden. Lost focus on the customer priority needs to try to up-sell products/services that do not function or meet customer need. Moving away from core business competencies. HR/People Team is a joke of a department. No confidence in the executive level "leadership". Push training concepts, but make no accomodations for an employee to actually take steps to train or progress.

Advice to Management

Restructure the HR/People Team department. Walk through 5th floor any time on a Wed afternoon, or Thurs/Friday and see how few bodies are there, as they are paid-full time, work 2 1/2 day weeks, but are always swamped. It's a ghost town. Reward the employees doing the actual work, in all departments. Actually talk to the foot-soldiers/front-liners, who communicate with your customers. Find people that can/do their jobs. Institute a standardized, across- department informational/instructional training program. Train the entire sales force, not just to sell, then work hard to keep them, the tenured sales force is knowledgeable and extremely valuable.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great company NOT great compensation

Current Employee - Marketing in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Marketing in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Paycor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a fast-paced, growing company, and I truly enjoy working here.
    The atmosphere is very positive, and employees are engaged in what they are doing.
    Focus on career opportunity for employees and developing your career.
    Overall fun place to work

Cons

The compensation is NOT great
    They low-ball you in the interview process and even when promoting within, they will NOT give more than the bare minimum (1 % is not unheard of) and aren't usually open for negotiating
    Benefits (401K, health premium savings) are not much either

Advice to Management

Understand that to get the BEST you have to be willing to pay what the prospect/employee is worth.
    Or you are going to lose all your top talent after spending all that time developing them

2. Columbus Paycor is a GREAT place to work!

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Paycor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Culture! Great team of people! Great product! Great Manager! Great future with the company!
    Rewarded for Hard work. Great Training.

Cons

I have no cons in re: to Paycor

Advice to Management

I love how my manager stays focused on our region. She does not get wrapped up in other peoples drama. Thank you Holly!
    Scott Rudy is a Huge addition to Paycor. I look forward to the direction he is leading us.