There are newer employer reviews for Payless ShoeSource

Not as easy as you might think.

Current Employee - Part-Time Sales Associate
Current Employee - Part-Time Sales Associate

I have been working at Payless ShoeSource part-time (More than a year)

Pros

movie ticket contest, payless bucks, recognition in district, 30% discount, monthly 50% discount on one item.

Cons

Keeping up with conversion, sales, UPT, AND customer service simultaneously or suffer consequences !

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Time managment skills learned

I have been working at Payless ShoeSource

Pros

Fum people to work with

Cons

Always Completing Lots of tasks

2. Went from can't wait to go to work to do I have to go to work.

Current Employee - Store Leader in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Store Leader in Washington, DC

I have been working at Payless ShoeSource full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I enjoy working with my other district leaders and some not so much (you know who you are).

Cons

You are tied to your unrealistics numbers. It is a pass and fail system ie.. unit per transaction - 2.2, cust. relation management - 35 customer satisfaction - 90 add- ons - high 80's conversion - 20 mall, and 40 street store, labor scheduling - 70, and customer journey where if you do not harass the customers you are not doing your job. You and everybody who works in the store have to do this while working alone in the store. Now for the task , shipment 2x a week minimum of 100 cases that needs to be unpacked, cleaned, tagged, and run to the racks according to the rackplan. Tagging promotion racks and topstock using a ladder that you have to climb up and down of, so you can tag all the shoes that is on topstock. Displays must be kept in good shape and with the proper clips and the right shoes that is on the info-source. Coaching for 3 hours on a stretch, 3-4 a week. I know there are good customers but a few who are messy and you have to clean up after them. (kids) You have to make sure that you have the left and the right and the same style and size inside the box. Oh, and you have to clean and organize the store at all times, dusting, mopping, vacuuming, counting money organizing the shoes, handbags, jewelries, socks and you have only 15 minutes to do all these. I don't think I can write enough cons for this company. Like I said great company maybe 7 years ago but then it went downhill and continues to do so.

Advice to Management

Review your accountability. Do you know that 80% of your stores are cheating in upt. add-ons, crm, c-sat. Customers are being ignored when you are not around, then it is a dog and pony show when you are. Customer journey is harassing the customers and pushing them to buy somethings even if they don't need it. If that does not work then you are forcing your store associates to cheat by ringing another 2 items for an extra $2 while giving them a $5 off. Make sense to the customers but not to the company, but it pushes your upt, add- ons higher.