Payless ShoeSource

www.payless.com
There are newer employer reviews for Payless ShoeSource

payless sucks

I worked at Payless ShoeSource

Pros

they do have good benifits but make you work like a dog to get them not worth the time or work

Cons

too much work managers treated like slaves no one listens told just do dont think about ant thing they tell you to do

get rid of matt rubel worse thing to happen to payless check out his pay and bonuses he does not get it

573 Other Employee Reviews for Payless ShoeSource (View Most Recent)

walk a mile in our shoes

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Payless ShoeSource

Pros

good discounts , good vacation time up to four weeks provided you can take it. i work with good people at the store level.

Cons

too numbers focused, upper management uses threats and intimadation to try and achieve goals,has become a very negative work enviroment esp for store mgrs.

walk a mile in our shoes. each dm , dro, ect, should spend a week in a store doing smiles along with everything else thats expected. then we'll see what kind of csat scores they get.

Ok place to work, Paid weekly and includes benefits

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Payless ShoeSource

Pros

You get paid weekly which could be a good or bad thing for some people. I personally enjoyed receiving a pay check every week.

Customers aren't too bad
    Music isn't boring to listen to
    Discount is ok

Cons

If it isn't Back to School season or a holiday it can be a very boring place to work
    If you like working in a fast paced environment, Payless isn't the place for you.
    I didnt mind because I liked having a lot of down time on some days.
    Also, there are TOO many rules and guidelines for sales associates to go by.

The rules and guidelines are sometimes ridiculous and unessceary especially for a Sales Associate postion. Also, a lot of customers complain that shoes from Payless are starting to become more expensive than before. Maybe they should change the name from Payless if their going to be charging more.

There are newer employer reviews for Payless ShoeSource