There are newer employer reviews for Payless ShoeSource

Retail Marketing strategy

Current Employee - Intern  in  Kansas City, MO
Current Employee - Intern in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Payless ShoeSource

Pros

People are very nice. their biz model works really well. Fast moving since it is fashion forward. My boss is very smart and nice.

Cons

Since the products are cheap. The margin is not very high. The job would not be very luxury. Companies tried to cut cost...

Need to motivate more innovation and creativeness. Need to bring in more young people and create energy for the company to move faster like fashion forward

517 Other Employee Reviews for Payless ShoeSource (View Most Recent)

Unless your starving go work elsewhere

Current Employee - Manager  in  Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Manager in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Payless ShoeSource

Pros

the discount is generous & I love shoes !!!!

Cons

The computers are a million years old and freeze up every day. They are 2 cheap to fix it. Our a/c was broke and would not turn off. We were wearing gloves in the store.It was 52 degrees inside. it took them two weeks to approve the repair. The cost of a family medical plan monthly is more than a luxury car payment. Managers never get enough payroll and wind up working 50 plus hours a week. THANKSGIVING IS NOT A PAID HOLIDAY. The smiles program does not work. We tested it in our store.... friendly can I help you find anything? service..... always got better conversion then the pushy smiles program...they actually want you to measure and talk to children before parents???....can u say creepy :-( we got Silly Bands a year after the fad died for three times more then they sell anywhere else????

The nineties are over! STOP sending us the shoes from that decade!UPDATE THE LOOK OF YOUR STORES! Have a heart...almost every other corporation in the country pays their people holiday pay for Thanksgiving...and $400 dollars a month for health insurance...when many of employees are lucky to get 10 an hour is heartless. Shame on you CEOS

Not a bad company to work for...If you have the right leader.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Payless ShoeSource

Pros

Amount of vacation,personal,and sick hours given. Discount on purchases, and being able to interact with customers and creating a great shopping experience for them!

Cons

Not getting the help and support needed to use above mentioned pros. Mgr. being constantly taken out of Business to support DM demands of conference calls. (CSAT accountability calls, safety-step capt. calls, shrink Dr. calls, mgr. monday conference call or meeting @local store. and if you have beauty thats a conference call too.) Then mgr, has to match red line blue lines to make schedule which can take a long time, review smiles book, study guides, and collect Safety-step accounts while out having meals with friends and family. If all these conference calls/meetings need to take place then payroll should be given to ensure our customers can be taken care of in the store! Everyone is always being threatened to be written up if missed conference calls, or not collecting enough customer information. ( Alot of people don't want to share their phone or address!) Beware if your english is broken, you will be asked and humiliated in front of others "Can we please speak english?"

Start thinking about what we have to do to on a daily basis to run our business, and gives us our payroll and time to take care of it. (stop stealing it from us with conf. calls/meetings) Stop behaving like we are incompetent idiots, and let us take care of our customers! Insults and negative comments on your behalf does not make want to work any harder! We work hard because we love working for the company and serving our customers! Your working us harder to make yourself look good and don't care how you treat us because in your eyes we are below you and are all replaceable. Hows that working for you? Considering everyone is short staff due to your threats and your abuse of power.

There are newer employer reviews for Payless ShoeSource

Worked for Payless ShoeSource? Contribute to the Community!