There are newer employer reviews for Paylocity

Best job I've had in decades of Software Development, and I've worked with some great companies

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Arlington Heights, Cook, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington Heights, Cook, IL

I have been working at Paylocity full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The employees are all very passionate about making great software that helps people do their jobs, and everyone on the team can contribute in their own way and can make a difference without the usual office politics getting in the way. By design they are early adopters of the latest and greatest technology, so you are always getting the opportunity to learn new things. When there are issues, everyone rallies around to figure out the best way to proceed rather than who to blame so they foster an environment where you can truly innovate without worrying if taking a chance will cost me my job. Best of all, employees are treated like professionals and they have a liberal work-at-home policy that allows for a much better work/life balance than I've ever seen before.

The company has always been growing fast, so there are always new job opportunities opening up as well as new products to work on. Despite the growth, the executive management team has done a great job managing that growth, communicating their plans regularly to all employees including new hires, and making sure that chaos doesn't ensue and making sure that the entire organization scales so 1 group is not disproportionately burdened by the rapid growth. And they've somehow been able to maintain the casual environment and dress code that everyone appreciates the first day they walk into the office -- which is why they keep winning awards for hiring the best and brightest in the Chicagoland area and being one of the best places to work in Illinois along with being one of the biggest creators of new jobs in Illinois.

Cons

Although fast growth means more opportunities and challenges, not everyone enjoys the pace or the fact that the company dynamics change as you start opening remote offices, so if you're not up to being constantly challenged and stimulated in your job this may not be the best environment

Paylocity has seemed to be immune from the effects of recession and always been able to grow through the best of times and the worst of times, partly because they were very proactive before the recession hit, so they've never really experienced layoffs of any kind. So it's easy to let your guard down and think this will always continue, but unfortunately I've seen a few of my prior employers flounder because they got too overly ambitious after years of steady growth and got away from what made them successful. Everyone wants to keep a good thing going at Paylocity, so please continue to work as hard as you currently do at preserving the company culture, and keeping happy customers and happy employees, and continue to be conservative in managing the growth, and not make too many business plans that require a 30% or more growth rate to sustain the business.

85 Other Employee Reviews for Paylocity (View Most Recent)

Tons of advancement in a growing company

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Arlington Heights, Cook, IL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Arlington Heights, Cook, IL

I have been working at Paylocity full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've never been worked in a company that actually took feedback on the product, procedures, or policies seriously (which is a MAJOR departure from other companies in the industry). This company is going places, and their client growth is evidence of that.

Cons

They are not shy of trying new things so if you like settling into a routine and don't like keeping up with changes in technology, this might not be the place for you.

Keep growing the service and support teams with good people.

My time at Paylocity has been filled with learning, challenge, and growth.

Current Employee - Tax Department  in  Arlington Heights, Cook, IL
    Current Employee - Tax Department in Arlington Heights, Cook, IL

I have been working at Paylocity full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Growing, thriving company
    Ripe with opportunity in every department
    Friendly, supportive environment
    Use of technology allows for flexible work schedule
    Casual dress code
    Leading edge software capabilities
    Benefit package

Cons

Not the place for someone looking for a routine and static environment. Fast paced growth and changing software capabilities require much adaptability and flexibility.

Continue to listen to your employees whose ideas and challenges come from dedication and hard work every day.

There are newer employer reviews for Paylocity

Worked for Paylocity? Contribute to the Community!