current employee

I have been working at Paylocity full-time

Pros

Great Company to work for make the jump!

Cons

There are none right now

reviews filtered by

The Place You DON'T Want To Start Your Career At!

Current Employee - National Sales Support in Arlington Heights, IL
    Current Employee - National Sales Support in Arlington Heights, IL

I have been working at Paylocity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free shirt, ok benefits, and office games we can play like bags(to make all the bros happy and feel like they are still in college), video games, ping pong, and a few others. But there is a reason why they have games, because without them... this would be the worst place to work in America. Hands down!

Cons

First lets look the fact that with every bad review the managers and director as people they know will do whatever they tell you to do to write a forced and false positive review. The turn over is so bad here, a few weeks ago now they made a promotional video glamorizing being a national sales support rep. DON'T BE FOOLED! They were all selectively set up, edited, and scripted on what to show and say. All propaganda to make this opportunity look like something special.

Read the other reviews, for every negative one there are fake scripted positive reviews to counter. I have been asked a few times to write a positive review, but I'm not here to sugar coat this job. It's a scripted telemarketing job where you make a low base, unreachable commission structure, and your advancements after a year as a NSS are into another entry level positions that you will be the same thing.

Advice to Management

They say this job is not for everyone... this job should be illegal actually. Management and the directors here should be ashamed of how they cover up the truth. Managers that are currently here are so rude and love there favorite pawns to make them look good, that's not right and shows the character they are and how Paylocity "values" there employees. How can you go to your managers to talk about a concern like they advertise as an "open door", when the director is the head person making this position so poor. Next steps are going to be with HR. It's only a matter of time people will get fed up to the point of broken promises and belittling micro managing.

Paylocity Response

Dec 10, 2014Sr. Social Media Recruiter

Paylocity values all feedback, even negative feedback. If indeed you are a current employee, we truly hope you've discussed these concerns with your manager so that they can be addressed properly.

Do NOT work here if you are a college graduate!

Former Employee - National Sales Support in Arlington Heights, IL
    Former Employee - National Sales Support in Arlington Heights, IL

I worked at Paylocity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Benefits and "Laid Back" Culture

Cons

Where do I start? 1. Recruitment lied from day 1, promising growth and job opportunities within 12-18 months. Turns out you only qualify for an INTERVIEW and sucks to be you if your too good in your department because they will keep you there and not promote you. 2. They dangle "rewards" in your face and either take them away or punish you for actually accepting it. (ex: leaving early: if quota was met, you make it, you leave, you get to hear about how everyone who made it and still stayed are SUCH great employees) 3. Work/Life Balance SUCKS- mentally and psychically stresses you out about constantly having to make quota. 4. Changes their policies- was hired and began working 8-4:30- they decided to then change it to 5, which does not seem like that big of a deal but when under the impression of working until 4:30 it makes a big difference in the commute/traffic. OVERALL- If you are a college graduate do not even bother applying here, you ARE a telemarketer and the turnover rate is extremely high (at least 6 people have left in NSS within 3 months so far). You can find a much better job with higher pay, straightforward demands, REAL opportunity for growth and experience within your field. Trust me.

Advice to Management

Look into what your recruiters are telling potential applicants- from my own experience and others, if we would have known what the REAL conditions were like I, as well as others would have never wasted my/our time for this job position. There is a reason why your turnover rate is extremely high in the NSS Department- STOP HIRING OVER QUALIFIED PEOPLE FOR UNQUALIFIED JOBS AND PAY.

Paylocity Response

Aug 28, 2014Director of Sales and National Sales Support

Paylocity truly values our employees and their feedback, and work tirelessly to improve our employee experiences. It is disappointing to see such a negative response. National Sales Support is an ... More