Paylocity

www.paylocity.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Paylocity

Good company, respects diversity, pay lags behind.

Former Employee - Account Manager in Lake Mary, FL
Former Employee - Account Manager in Lake Mary, FL

I worked at Paylocity full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There is a true team environment at Paylocity. They respect diversity in their employees. Promotion from within is standard. They have a true commitment to training and employee development. They host many employee events including free meals and snacks.

Cons

For Account Management, the pay is just too low for the amount of work, especially at year end. They recently forced Time & Attendance support on everyone for no additional pay. I would still be there save for the subsistence level wages.

Many of the changes you put into place for 7/1/14 were exactly what was needed. The final step is to start paying people real salaries and bring in professionals to handle the clients. This is the final step needed to become world class.

Dec 10, 2014Sr. Social Media Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback. We work continually to make Paylocity a better place to be and to work and to grow and we wish you the best in your career.

120 Other Employee Reviews for Paylocity (View Most Recent)

National Sales Support: Avoid if you have any kind of degree

Current Employee - National Sales Support in Arlington Heights, IL
    Current Employee - National Sales Support in Arlington Heights, IL

I have been working at Paylocity full-time

Pros

Some genuinely pleasant and funny coworkers who are trying to make the best out of a really bad situation. You can at least learn a little bit about the payroll industry. If not, you will learn about what makes the competition so successful. Although management treats this as a sales role it really isn't. This is realistically a telemarketing role. If you're interested in seeing how brutal that world can be than perhaps step into this pit. You are really trying to set appointments for sales reps to meet new possible clients. You telemarket a database and make 170-200 calls a day. It's a very tough position even if certain things were to change. Theres a game room if you have time to use it or if it hasn't been shut down due to dissatisfaction with performance.

Cons

I could write a book about this place but no one wants that. Honestly, avoid this position at all costs. Being unemployed and waiting for a good job is a way better option. Management is very conflicting and doesn't seem to have any idea of what they want to come from this department. You are given a high quota to try and reach despite the fact that absolutely no one likes to speak with a telemarketer. Heck, think about what happens if you get a call at home. This is the exact same thing. Everything you say is scripted. If you follow the script exactly as trained and fail the managers will blame you. They are no better at this job as they were former NSS reps and the numbers and their occasional attempts to do our job say it all. It ends up in nothing but failure. Every superior you ask for advice will tell you something different. There's no direction, no helpful guidance. Please be wary of being told how wonderful this place is. This is a room full of talented young people who have no prospects other than leaving. New candidates are always told how Paylocity puts them on a fast track to promotion. These are not real promotions unless you consider going to another really tough phone misery job a promotion. I've witnessed plenty of disrespectful behavior on the part of management. I've seen so many people either be fired or quit in the last year that I don't know if I could even list them all. It seems like berating us for that is more important than making any positive changes to a really difficult job. You're lucky if you make any commission as the whole system plays against you. Don't bet on making more than $31k a year here. Far below " entry level".

Get on the same page, watch the language, listen to your employees when they bring up honest concerns. Provide actual training on what Paylocity actually does different. Don't cut corners on training, constantly change your expectations and berate people and expect to get better results. If you're trying to lose all of your good employees youre certainly achieving that.

Dec 10, 2014Sr. Social Media Recruiter

Paylocity is committed to improving our employee experience and we appreciate your sharing this feedback. Not only do we have a training program and ongoing training for our employees, but also work ... More

National Sales Support Disaster

Former Employee - National Sales Support Representative in Arlington Heights, Cook, IL

I worked at Paylocity full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The employees I worked with were an enjoyable group and made the job a bit more bearable. Other than that there is lots of parking I cant think of much else.

Cons

This is a strictly a churn and burn cold call job. You are expected to make 150 dials per day and management will badger you to make 200 especially if you are behind quota. There is no sales of any products at all just calling businesses to set up appointments for the outside reps to show them Paylocity's payroll product and if they close the deal they get all the commission, while you receive $10 per appointment while they are making thousands of dollars. But as a nice reward for your efforts if an appointment you set is canceled for any reason even if outside of your control, they take back your commission money for that appointment as well as count it against YTD quota. (i.e they take a good standing future appointment away from you to make up for the cancellation) This is a heavily micro managed environment with next to no ability for advancement to other positions in the company but is one of their main selling points for this position. STAY AWAY.............................................................................

Management plays both side of the coin constantly.If you make the required dials and show effort they will complain about your appointment numbers, even though they know cold calling is hot and cold. Especially depending on what territories you are dialing. Then if you do well with appointment setting (i.e taking the time to cultivate the lead to close) surprise surprise they complain about your dials. I would ask anybody who is even considering this position to ask in the interview, what they value more effort (dials) or appointments and please respond to this post with an answer lol.
    Mike Bradley was my manager and likes to have long discussions about what can be done to help when I was behind quota and then does nothing at all expect play both sides of the coin like I mentioned above. He and the other managers are unwilling to challenge upper management with any of the suggestions the employees make even though they request you to make them in the one on one meetings.

Dec 10, 2014Sr. Social Media Recruiter

Paylocity is committed to improving our employee experience and we appreciate your sharing this feedback: know it will be shared with our managers and leadership directly. We take all comments ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Paylocity