There are newer employer reviews for Paylocity

Great place to work

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant
Current Employee - Implementation Consultant

I have been working at Paylocity

Pros

Casual Dress
Fun enviroment
Focus on training
Great work life balance
Decent benefits for company size

Cons

The company is growing so there are some in higher positions that are probably only there because they have been here from the beginning. They can be frustrating to deal with.

Maybe the net promoter score isn't the end all be all.

90 Other Employee Reviews for Paylocity (View Most Recent)

Great company and a great opportunity to get started in sales/business world

Current Employee - National Sales Support Representative in Arlington Heights, IL

I have been working at Paylocity full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I am very happy to be a part of a very fast growing company that can lead to a great career path after spending 12 months on the job. Nothing's promised, you have to earn it. It is an excellent opportunity to build and develop your sales/persuasive communication skills as well have an un-capped commission structure. Daily/weekly contests spice up the job and allow me to earn extra money as well. It is a GREAT culture that I haven't seen anywhere else I have worked and my co-workers are amazing people to be around. More so than anything, for me, the product is unbelievable and I feel like this company is just getting started.

Cons

It can be a stressful job at times and you need to be able to handle rejection. The first two months can be tough but if you work hard, learn the material and put in your time the job becomes much, much easier as you continue as a rep and you have the opportunity to make very good money. If your not a hard worker or competitive and you aren't striving to get to the next level this position isn't for you!

Don't listen to all of the negative comments because they are so far removed from the truth. Sales isn't for everyone and it's pretty evident by their posts, it takes a lot of effort and dedication.

Great Corporate Experience for Entry-Level Candidates

Current Employee - Senior National Sales Support Representative in Arlington Heights, IL

I have been working at Paylocity full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This was my first corporate job out of college. I had no experience in cold calling and I was given the skills to succeed by my managers, trainers, and co-workers. Working for NSS is awesome because it has a college atmosphere in a corporate setting. I believe anybody who is willing to work hard and do well will succeed with this company. If you do your job (150 dials-a-day and/or 1 appointment) you will be very successful. The more you work the more you get paid! Compensation is great if you are willing to do the work.

I have grown so much in my months here at Paylocity and I believe that I will be a great candidate to move up or at least investigate other options outside of Paylocity. The skills I have gained over talking on the phone can be applied to almost any other job I will apply for from here on out.

One must remember that this is an entry-level job. Nothing is guaranteed but they give you a shot, that is all I ask for out of any employer. I believe upper management will have my back once I begin to start looking for other opportunities in the future.

To anybody applying or considering this position you must have 3 qualties: Heart, Hustle, and Muscle. Believe in what you are selling, work your tail off, and set those appointments and good things will follow!

Cons

The real challenge is an obvious one: You are cold calling businesses. Talking with CFO, Controllers, HR People can be difficult and discouraging at time. Some days are better than others, that's sales.

Management is honest and very straight forward. Since day 1 I have been told that if I am successful then I will have an OPPORTUNITY to move forward with the company. I believe this to be an honest statement.

My only advice to management is to continue to keep a youthful zest in the office. This job is tough. So keeping it fun and relaxed is the best way to keep employees happy and motivated.

There are newer employer reviews for Paylocity