Peace Corps

www.peacecorps.gov

It' not the Peace Corps. It's the TEACH ENGLISH OVERSEAS CAUSE YOU CAN'T GET A REAL JOB AT HOME CORPS!

Youth Advisor (Former Employee) Baku (Azerbaijan)

ProsLiving in a country, learning a few critical languages, perfect if you've got a degree and can't find a job, great reason to travel. The glamor factor of the name because the outside world is clueless.

ConsA written mission but ineffective when it comes to development work. We are NOT development workers. It's not all that it use to be. Forget using Peace Corps to get a decent job but looks great for graduate school. It's a shabby organization that has no clear direction. The sexual assault for women is outrageous and people come home with illnesses they can't get rid of. You often find yourself bored. Waste of time in hinde sight. Peace Corps has been around for 50+ years and are any countries that we serve in better? Think hard before you join. It's not all that is cracked up to be.

Advice to Senior ManagementSet clear cut goals. Slash the amount of time volunteers need to be in country. Put volunteers in a place where real impact can happen. I won't happen at the top up. Add nutritionist and psychiatrist to your medical staff.

Best Life Experience You Can Get

Agriculture Volunteer (Former Employee) Port-Vila (Vanuatu)

I worked at Peace Corps full-time for more than a year

Pros: Full Benefits and the opportunity to travel and see the world for free. There's also… Cons: Can be somewhat isolated and communication can be spotty. Advice to Senior Management: none Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great experience

I have been working at Peace Corps as an intern

Pros: travel, cultural immersion, free time Cons: low pay, isolation, boredom, somewhat difficult living conditions Advice to Senior Management: re-evaluate living allownaces to keep up with rising cost of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Peace Corps.

Worked for Peace Corps? Contribute to the Community!