Peace Corps

www.peacecorps.gov

Once in a lifetime experience

Peace Corps Volunteer (Current Employee) Rabat (Morocco)

ProsYou have the ability to completely change your life and discover things about yourself you couldn't have found out any other way. Life as a PCV feels like retirement. You have loads of free time and you can just help anyone who needs it around the community.

ConsYou find that a lot of people eithre don't want your help or aren't willing to help you get stuff done. The bad part about this is that it's almost impossible to make a lasting impact without the help of a community member.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe people that make it in to Peace Corps aren't always the best volunteers. They're the best ones at patiently filling out the 12 months of paperwork it takes to get in. Also, accept fewer recent college grads. Most of them are still too immature to be representing the US.

Community and Business Development Advisor

Community and Business Development Advisor (Former Employee) Gyumri (Armenia)

I worked at Peace Corps full-time for more than a year

Pros: Learning a new language, immersing yourself in a new culture.… Cons: It is not a structured job, that is half the battle and it's up to you to make up… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

A great experience to live and learn about other cultures and people

Small Business Development Advisor (Former Employee) Itzer (Morocco)

I worked at Peace Corps full-time for more than a year

Pros: -Learn a new Language -A lot of free time -the feeling of… Cons: -A lot of free time -Sometimes hard to find work if… Advice to Senior Management: It would be beneficial to have better cultural training. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Peace Corps.

Worked for Peace Corps? Contribute to the Community!