Peace Corps
www.peacecorps.gov Washington, DC 1000 to 5000 Employees

A great-if difficult--experience

Volunteer (Former Employee)
Bashtanka (Ukraine)

ProsService in the Peace Corps allows you to gain a relatively deep understanding of life in a less-resourced country and, as an overall intense experience, can spur tremendous personal and professional growth. Peace Corps provides a time-tested, well-developed (but admittedly imperfect) operational and social support structure for doing this.

ConsIt isn't always easy--often far from it, in fact--adapting simultaneously to an alien culture and language and job, far from family and friends at home and, once you finish your 3-month training and set off to your permanent site, far (to a greater or lesser degree depending on your country) from your fellow volunteers.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Challenging, yet fulfilling if you keep an open mind about the experience

Community Health Advisor (Former Employee)
    Lilongwe (Malawi)

I worked at Peace Corps full-time for more than a year

Pros: - Comprehensive and thorough training of the culture and language of your host country post - Access to… Cons: - Bureaucracy of protocols when applying for grants to fund projects - Lack of consistent monitoring for the well-being… Advice to Senior Management: More competent trainings for the local staff to work efficiently… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Challenge, Adventure, Awesome, Never experience anything like it.

Agriculture and Rural Business Development Consultant (Former Employee)
    Leova (Moldova)

I worked at Peace Corps full-time for more than a year

Pros: It's an adventure of a life time. Noncompetitive status only… Cons: Can get VERY lonely at your permanent site. Advice to Senior Management: Volunteers should be treated like adults. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Peace Corps.

Worked for Peace Corps? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Peace Corps reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Peace Corps CEO Carrie Hessler-Radelet . All reviews posted anonymously by Peace Corps employees.