Peace Corps
www.peacecorps.gov Washington, DC 1000 to 5000 Employees

I was a health volunteer in Zambia.

Peace Corps Volunteer (Former Employee)
Kawambwa (Zambia)

I worked at Peace Corps full-time for more than a year

ProsPeace Corps is a truly unique experience. Their approach to development is unlike any other organization and provides its volunteers with an opportunity to experience development from the grassroots level. It sounds cliche, but if you are ready and committed to it, the experience will change your life and your perspective on the world.

ConsThe management and quality of support varies significantly by country. They country offices can be short-staffed, making it difficult for volunteers to get all the support they feel they need. However if it is truly an emergency situation, the in-country staff are there for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementVolunteer support should be a priority.

Peace Corps Volunteer

Peace Corps Volunteer (Former Employee)

I worked at Peace Corps full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good for independent and self-motivated individuals. Great opportunity to… Cons: Less good for those who need lots of structure and direction. I didn't… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

First love-hate relationship with a job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Quetzaltenango (Guatemala)

I worked at Peace Corps full-time for more than a year

Pros: Awesome volunteers and staff Language and cultural training Skill development, especially in implementing projects and writing… Cons: Security issues in country Strict rules can feel stifling Culture shock Cannot choose… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Peace Corps.

Worked for Peace Corps? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Peace Corps reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Peace Corps CEO Carrie Hessler-Radelet . All reviews posted anonymously by Peace Corps employees.