There are newer employer reviews for Peace Corps

Peace Corps still a great way to see the world and help others

Current Employee - Peace Corps Volunteer
Current Employee - Peace Corps Volunteer

I have been working at Peace Corps

Pros

The language training is excellent. You get to work with some of the most interesting people you'll ever meet. Being an RPCV looks great on a resume.

Cons

Your hands are somewhat tied when it comes to being able to speaking openly (especially when it reflects a negative viewpoint) about your host country.

Get to know your volunteers. It's one thing to talk to them over the phone and to be receptive to them in the comfort of your office, but quite another to go out and stay with them even for a brief amount of time at their site.

391 Other Employee Reviews for Peace Corps (View Most Recent)

It is great to volunteer with Peace Corps!

Former Employee - Volunteer
    Former Employee - Volunteer

I worked at Peace Corps

Pros

My work was meaningful and not stressful. I made great relationships and had wonderful experiences.

Cons

Development work is not easy in general, and it can be lonely.

I think that you could improve training for technical knowledge.

I got more out of the Peace Corps experience than I put in.

Former Employee - Community Economic Developer  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Community Economic Developer in Washington, DC

I worked at Peace Corps

Pros

It's a wondeful opportunity to use your imagination to create positive change in underserved areas.

Cons

Well it varies depending on which region you are assigned to but for me the isolation was the most difficult part of being a Peace Corps Volunteer. I was stationed in Azerbaijan but was unable to indicate that b/c this website doesn't give that as an option. They do have neighboring Armenia though which is smaller in most counts than Azerbaijan so I don't understand why it's not listed.

Create a website for Peace Corps Volunteers to collaborate with each other instead of "reinventing the wheel" each time.

There are newer employer reviews for Peace Corps

Worked for Peace Corps? Contribute to the Community!