Peace Corps
www.peacecorps.gov Washington, DC 1000 to 5000 Employees

The adventure of a lifetime

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Peace Corps

ProsThis is a good experience for those who are able to adapt to new conditions and who are self starters. The cultural immersion that most volunteers experience is unrivaled. U.S. citizens are luck to be able to avail themselves of such a unique program. The opportunity to learn language and learn to work in intercultural settings can open many doors, and the professional and social network I developed with other volunteers and RPCVs continues to be rewarding professionally and socially.

Cons- You will not have much control over where you are placed
- Level of support from Peace Corps management varies a lot from country to country and program to program

Mental Health

I have been working at Peace Corps

Pros: Great team of very intelligent, fun, dedicated employes Cons: The pay is too low. More

South Africa not an ideal Peace Corps Country

Peace Corps Volunteer (Former Employee)

I worked at Peace Corps full-time for more than a year

Pros: Meet good people. You have time to gain skills, learn… Cons: Not sure how much it helped my career. Some Locations/Volunteer… Advice to Senior Management: Cut down on some of the countries you send PCV's… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Peace Corps.

Worked for Peace Corps? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Peace Corps reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Peace Corps CEO Carrie Hessler-Radelet . All reviews posted anonymously by Peace Corps employees.