Peace Corps

www.peacecorps.gov

Challenging experience, sometimes rewarding.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsA great way to understand development work and the intricacy of poverty. The program provides support to individuals who would not have the opportunity/network otherwise.

ConsThe healthcare (while claimed to be great) has sometimes been spotty in many cases. Also, as a government organization -- change is slow to be made.

Advice to Senior ManagementPCVs should not have to extend credit to the US Government. Please improve the reimbursement process, or better yet, make sure that funds are available in advance.

Great place to explore the world

English Teacher (Current Employee) Washington, DC

I have been working at Peace Corps

Pros: People in my country were very happy to work with me Opportunities for leadership Wonderful co-workers - both local colleagues, other peace… Cons: Health issues Harsh climate Unreliable schedules While abroad, lose connections and friends back in USA -… Advice to Senior Management: The most important thing you can do is have great, sympathetic in-country staff.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Travel to college campuses to convince people to live abroad for 2 years below the poverty line.

Regional Recruiter (Former Employee) Denver, CO

I worked at Peace Corps

Pros: Government position that is designed to take care of you. It will not make you rich but you live comfortably. Lots of travel to… Cons: 5 year work limit forced high turnover. Repetitive presentations and working alone place pressure on you to change the material but not… Advice to Senior Management: Concentrate on continuity of the program rather than "making your mark" during the few years that you are there. Make… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Peace Corps.

Worked for Peace Corps? Contribute to the Community!