PeaceHealth

www.peacehealth.org

An amazing environment in which to work, but management needs work.

Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) Bellingham, WA

ProsThe managers immediately above most entry- or medium-level jobs are amazing. I have never met so many people who are supportive of staff - whether in their own department or another - and quick to offer praise, congratulations or constructive criticism. The joke in most health care facilities is that the staff all drive somewhere else when they get sick, but in St. Joseph's, I would (and have) check in as a patient in a heartbeat.

ConsThe benefits aren't wonderful. Imaging, such as an MRI, is currently (as of January '09) covered at 80%... but an MRI can easily range $3500-5000. Prescription drug coverage is better, but you almost have to get everything through the mail from the Oregon pharmacy. All blood work and other diagnostic tests have to be ordered by your primary care physician, or else they're covered at a much lower rate.

Senior management - several levels above me - is not very good at communicating to the staff. Occasional memos regarding the economy pale in comparison to things like complete overhauls to training regimens that aren't communicated at all - until you need to request training.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe need increased transparency and a willingness to share information with the staff, so we feel like we know what is going on. It's unnerving to feel like decisions are being made about us without us being aware. I don't need to be consulted on everything - there's a reason you're our management team - but it would be nice to know what you're doing and how it may affect us more frequently.

PeaceHealth is doing a lot of things right

Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) Eugene, OR

I have been working at PeaceHealth

Pros: Satisfying work, attention to the "mission" of caring for the disadvantaged. Good benefits that include the option of adding health insurance… Cons: Layers of middle management that sometimes seem to focus on procedural issues to the detriment of the day to day functioning. Our department… Advice to Senior Management: The bottom line is important, but don't forget about the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Hospital's heart is in the right place, but processes could stand improvement.

Staffing Clerk (Current Employee) Bellingham, WA

I have been working at PeaceHealth

Pros: From the first day I started work I felt that the people I worked with were both professional and human and willing to engage both… Cons: They are short staffed at the time of this review on the clinical side of operations, which creates tension between the nursing staff (RNs, LPNs,… Advice to Senior Management: Improve communication with staff from the ground up. What information is available seems to trickle down - a nurse hears something from a manager and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on PeaceHealth.

Worked for PeaceHealth? Contribute to the Community!