There are newer employer reviews for PeaceHealth

My experience at Peacehealth was positive overall

Current Employee - Staff Nurse in Longview, WA
Current Employee - Staff Nurse in Longview, WA

I have been working at PeaceHealth part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

the pay is good my co-workers were very supportive

Cons

the thing I didnt like was the union of wsna and the high monthly dues we were required to pay

you always say that the nurse are so important but every time the new contract comesup its a big fight for the nurses to get any satisfaction for things that they feel should be addressed

64 Other Employee Reviews for PeaceHealth (View Most Recent)

Culture Change - not for the better

Former Employee - IT Manager in Vancouver, WA
    Former Employee - IT Manager in Vancouver, WA

I worked at PeaceHealth full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Caring, long tenured line staff and line managers. Many mission-driven aspects of the work. Recent changes have degraded both of these positives substantially, however.

Cons

A distinct shift to focus on short-term planning, versus long-term strategies that play out in the market. Huge sunk costs in HIT tossed aside for the newest shiny object demonstrates poor planning and vision by senior leaders. Pay lower than average for the region. Unable to compete with larger IDNs, and not able to close the deal to become a larger group themselves

Focus on collaboration between regions and with system groups. Focus on strategies for growth that are attainable, not Peter A.'s empire-building dreams.

Mission was great, but changes were challenging

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

I worked at PeaceHealth full-time

Pros

I loved the folks I worked with in Bellingham. People there were really nice and people cared about each other.

Cons

Changes in health care in a college, under-employed town were extremely challenging. It brought stress and morale down. I did experience favoritism and it was frustrating to see the mananger do that, when she knew it wasn't ethical.

It's not the best idea to centralize HR. It diluted the feeling of community at work.

There are newer employer reviews for PeaceHealth