There are newer employer reviews for PeaceHealth

Peacehealth is a great company

I have been working at PeaceHealth

Pros

They staff was very friendly and helpful

Cons

The company was going through a hard time and there was little value in my work

54 Other Employee Reviews for PeaceHealth (View Most Recent)

Old Southwest dismantled by Peaceheatlh (merged in 2011)

Current Employee - Director Level
    Current Employee - Director Level

I have been working at PeaceHealth full-time

Pros

Well intentioned people trying to do their best and are trying as they define qualify to give good patient care.

Cons

Second rate, banana republic culture. The innovation and market attitudes of the old Southwest were ignored. PH is lulled into the experience and myopia of one-hospital markets. Healthcare reform is going to eat them alive. PH employees are known as caregivers rather than employees or staff members. One of the gifts from the mission based PH leadership when they merged with Southwest was to kill-off the old Southwest defined benefit pension plan for Southwest caregivers -- leaving many employees at mid career out in the cold.

The CEO, Alan Yordy is a 30-year PH employee. He knows no other culture or experience other than PH. PH does not bring in new talent to lead, and if they do, it is from other Catholic outfits. The notion of looking to the broader market for new ideas and leadership is an anathema. (In fairness, I believe that this is a challenge for many Catholic run hospital organizations). The Board Chair, Sister Andrea is very tough and likely likely comes from the same cloth that gave us nuns with rulers. I had first hand dealings with her and I left those encounters with doubts. Sister Andrea and Yordy live in a room of mirrors... they think they know best and they do not. Management and control is highly centralized. Delegation is limited and a lot of jobs end just being routine and lacking opportunity.

GREAT Company

Former Employee - Associate  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Associate in Dallas, TX

I worked at PeaceHealth full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great Environment, Great Attributes, Great Setting.

Cons

Some growing pains, Great Staff.

Doing a lot of things right!

There are newer employer reviews for PeaceHealth

Worked for PeaceHealth? Contribute to the Community!