PeaceHealth

www.peacehealth.org
There are newer employer reviews for PeaceHealth

valued expertise for clincail teams

Current Employee - Staff Pharmacist in Springfield, OR
Current Employee - Staff Pharmacist in Springfield, OR

I have been working at PeaceHealth

Pros

cliical input on established protocols and MD requests

Cons

team effort within the department

be actively involved and/or knowledge of daily processes.

72 Other Employee Reviews for PeaceHealth (View Most Recent)

A great place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, OR

I have been working at PeaceHealth

Pros

Great salary. Nurses are treated with respect. The work environment is safe and enjoyable. Patient care is not a buzzword, but a real focus for this company.

Cons

There are no serious cons to working at PeaceHealth. The community it is in is hard hit in the recession so employment for spouses is scarce.

I have very little to complain about. Working at PeaceHealth has been by far my favorite work experience. I recommend people to both work here and come here for patient care.

An amazing environment in which to work, but management needs work.

Current Employee - Unit Coordinator in Bellingham, WA
    Current Employee - Unit Coordinator in Bellingham, WA

I have been working at PeaceHealth

Pros

The managers immediately above most entry- or medium-level jobs are amazing. I have never met so many people who are supportive of staff - whether in their own department or another - and quick to offer praise, congratulations or constructive criticism. The joke in most health care facilities is that the staff all drive somewhere else when they get sick, but in St. Joseph's, I would (and have) check in as a patient in a heartbeat.

Cons

The benefits aren't wonderful. Imaging, such as an MRI, is currently (as of January '09) covered at 80%... but an MRI can easily range $3500-5000. Prescription drug coverage is better, but you almost have to get everything through the mail from the Oregon pharmacy. All blood work and other diagnostic tests have to be ordered by your primary care physician, or else they're covered at a much lower rate.

Senior management - several levels above me - is not very good at communicating to the staff. Occasional memos regarding the economy pale in comparison to things like complete overhauls to training regimens that aren't communicated at all - until you need to request training.

We need increased transparency and a willingness to share information with the staff, so we feel like we know what is going on. It's unnerving to feel like decisions are being made about us without us being aware. I don't need to be consulted on everything - there's a reason you're our management team - but it would be nice to know what you're doing and how it may affect us more frequently.

There are newer employer reviews for PeaceHealth